DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did, YTTV vs DirecTV, guess what, YTTV won.

I can compare Comcast and Spectrum, but with all those extra fees, Broadcast Channels, which is about $25, a RSN fee, plus Box ( s ), DVR ( cloud or otherwise) and then those extra fees like franchise, public access, FCC, with all that it is pretty easy to figure out YTTV will be less expensive.
Actually depending on the promos it **might** be cheaper. Remember to add internet for YTTV.
I was looking at xfinity (because I thought I might be moving to a xfinity area..not happening now) and the pricing for 400MB internet (the cheapest to get unlimited...otherwise its 1.2TB cap) and "family cable" that includes the RSN and 2 boxes is about the same as YTTV.
Promo price is $67.45 (Fast + Popular TV $143.00/mo, No term contract, Promotional discount −$45.35/mo, Autopay & Paperless discount −$10.00/mo, Multi-Product Discount −$20.00/mo)
2 X1 boxes $18 (1st one is free)
150 hrs recording $0 (24 month promo)
Broadcast TV Fee $15.80/mo
Regional Sports Fee $12.30/mo
Monthly plan tax $17.60/mo
total $131.35/mo

Internet only was $50 + YTTV at 72.95 so $122.95 + sales tax of 7.375 (6.875% MN state tax + .50% county tax) $132.02

just sayin......

Actually depending on the promos it **might** be cheaper. Remember to add internet for YTTV.
I would never include the price of internet since I use it for so many other things-Banking, Investment Accounts, News, Reading, Gaming, Shopping and now that I have returned to employment after being retired for 4 years, that also since I do all my reports from home along with a lot of my research which I could not do without broadband.
I was looking at xfinity (because I thought I might be moving to a xfinity area..not happening now) and the pricing for 400MB internet (the cheapest to get unlimited...otherwise its 1.2TB cap) and "family cable" that includes the RSN and 2 boxes is about the same as YTTV.
Promo price is $67.45 (Fast + Popular TV $143.00/mo, No term contract, Promotional discount −$45.35/mo, Autopay & Paperless discount −$10.00/mo, Multi-Product Discount −$20.00/mo)
total $131.35/mo

Internet only was $50 + YTTV at 72.95 so $122.95 + sales tax of 7.375 (6.875% MN state tax + .50% county tax) $132.02

just sayin......
Here in Florida, I have Gigabit from Charter, with YTTV I would pay a total of $160 ( I actually pay nothing for YTTV since I use my CC points to get Google Play Gift Cards)

To compare with what you wrote above, I used my old address in Michigan for Comcast’s pricing-

TV​

Popular TV
$70.00/mo
No term contract
Autopay & Paperless discount
−$10.00/mo
With bank account
Premium DVR Service
$20.00/mo
X1 TV Box
$10.00/mo
X1 TV Box
$20.00/mo
Kids & Family
Included
Entertainment
Included
Sports & News
Included
HD Technology
Included

INTERNET​

Gigabit
$112.00/mo
2-year term contract
Term contract discount
−$27.00/mo
xFi Complete
$10.00/mo
Minimum Term Contract
Included
Xfinity Mobile Discount Eligibility
Included
Multi-Product Discount
−$20.00/mo

XFINITY RESIDENTIAL FEES​

Broadcast TV Fee
$20.70/mo
Regional Sports Fee
$10.15/mo

XFINITY RESIDENTIAL TAXES​

Monthly plan tax
$5.81/mo

SHIPPING & INSTALLATION​

Getting Started Kit Delivery
$0.00

Estimated monthly total​

$221.66/mo

So $50 more then what I pay now.

Maybe they use this (ST) to switch to YTTV and stays with it.

You do know that YTTV is actually gaining subscribers, now almost to 6 million, while all other Traditional Providers are shedding them.

Sure, but that's just people who are changing their delivery method for their linear TV, no different than switching from cable to satellite or vice versa 10 years ago.

Current MVPDs have a cost advantage over cable/satellite because they don't have to negotiate with local stations for carriage. They can negotiate with the networks, though station owner groups are working hard to change that so the party probably won't last.

Sunday ticket is higher than I expected. Almost $500 for those not subbed to YTTV.

I hope DirecTV re-ups NFL Network, adds it to Stream side, and adds RedZone to Sports Pack on both services. That would keep many customers that aren’t willing to pay the NFLST premium (those that DirecTV sweet hearted with discounts to keep on NFLST).
Yes, so much for the YT ST will be Cheaper group.

total $131.35/mo

just sayin......
U cant say that...lol

Yes, so much for the YT ST will be Cheaper group.
It is cheaper if you have YTTV, I already ordered it, $250 was taken out of my Google balance.

Then there is Sunday Ticket without a provider, which has never been offered that way before to the majority of the United States‘ population , so it is not more/less expensive then last year’s price because there was no standalone option.

They won't for some time, we'll see how TNF flex scheduling fares, the next big change will be another regular season game and dropping to 2 preseason games, maybe for 2024-2025.
Have they watched these teams in the first MONTH of the Season ....
They need all the PRE Season they can get.

It is cheaper if you have YTTV, I already ordered it, $250 was taken out of my Google balance.

Then there is Sunday Ticket without a provider, which has never been offered that way before to the majority of the United States‘ population , so it is not more/less expensive then last year’s price because there was no standalone option.
It was $350 TOPS for ST if you wanted it ... (not adding the D* sub)
Now its what $500 ?

Can't wait till they raise thier prices next year.

It was $350 TOPS for ST if you wanted it ... (not adding the D* sub)
Now its what $500 ?

Can't wait till they raise thier prices next year.
But you posted this-
Stand alone prices are right there.
D* was somewhere between $293 and $395.

This is the PRICE for ST .... don't say well you had to have D* pricing added on to it, thats a different conversation.
Apples to apples comparison would be DirecTV with ST and YTTV with ST, right now it is $250, cheaper then DirecTV, yes it is going up in two months which is why I did the preorder.

Remember one of the goals is to increase subscriptions on the YTTV service, hence the discounted price, just like DirecTV did with ST( the giveaways).

As far as next year goes, cannot anticipate the future, they might give us the same deal, or less/more.

Some of you keep bringing up how great things were when ST was on DirecTV, but remember, DirecTV lost their *** on ST, $800-900 million a year since 2017, so billions of dollars plus 12 million subscribers lost. which is even more billions in revenue gone.

But you posted this-

Apples to apples comparison would be DirecTV with ST and YTTV with ST, right now it is $250, cheaper then DirecTV, yes it is going up in two months which is why I did the preorder.

Remember one of the goals is to increase subscriptions on the YTTV service, hence the discounted price, just like DirecTV did with ST( the giveaways).

As far as next year goes, cannot anticipate the future, they might give us the same deal, or less/more.

Some of you keep bringing up how great things were when ST was on DirecTV, but remember, DirecTV lost their *** on ST, $800-900 million a year since 2017, so billions of dollars plus 12 million subscribers lost. which is even more billions in revenue gone.
No they didn't...directv made huge profits with satellite tv subscriptions and are still very profitable today...google is gonna alot of money..$73 isn't gonna come close to subsidizing the cost of sunday ticket

No they didn't...directv made huge profits with satellite tv subscriptions and are still very profitable today...google is gonna alot of money..$73 isn't gonna come close to subsidizing the cost of sunday ticket
Not since the last contract with the NFL was signed in 2017, in that timeframe (2017-2022) DirecTV Satellite lost over 10 million subscribers.

But you posted this-

Of course D* lost money on the ST, just like YT will.

The idea is to draw people to your yearly service, to D* packages or in YT case to thier programming.
The biggest difference here is that you don't need to buy YT service, yet ....

Haven't really thought much about this yet, but for a long time, people have been saying that ST isn't worth it anymore with games on Thursday and Monday and maybe even Tuesday in rare occasions and Saturdays in the winter.

The NFL is talking about having even more weekdays tied up with NFL ... Over saturation is a REAL thing.

How many people watch thier Team only ... I think its a decent number, Vs watch multiple games, vs All games.

Personally, I watch My Game(s) ... then look to see which game I like best from the other time slot.
(So, I'm actually in the Multiple games group) but thats Only if theres a game that draws me in ... If my game is a 1 pm game and the others don't interest me, I'm done.
Same goes for Sunday Night and Monday night.
I use to watch All of them, but I rarely watch the Sunday or Monday night games anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
You chose a time frame to fit your cause .... how about looking at it over the course of the actual ST ?

Feel free to make your case, it can't be any worse than all that random stuff that may or may not happen in the NFL that has really nothing to do with anything going into this football season.

Like others, you're just here rooting for failure out of spite. It's comical. Unlike w/ DirecTV, if the value proposition changes in future seasons we can move on with no penalty. Or are you going to pretend they're going to invent a contract so you can paint the picture of another fictional drawback?

Feel free to make your case, it can't be any worse than all that random stuff that may or may not happen in the NFL that has really nothing to do with anything going into this football season.

Like others, you're just here rooting for failure out of spite. It's comical. Unlike w/ DirecTV, if the value proposition changes in future seasons we can move on with no penalty. Or are you going to pretend they're going to invent a contract so you can paint the picture of another fictional drawback?
I think your mixing me up with someone else ...
I am not Rooting for any one to fail or succeed ....

I have to pay for it regardless.
I have been watching my team since the early 90's, weather it be D* or other.

When your a Fan you follow where the product is.

I think your mixing me up with someone else ...
I am not Rooting for any one to fail or succeed ....

I have to pay for it regardless.
I have been watching my team since the early 90's, weather it be D* or other.

When your a Fan you follow where the product is.
So do you plan on ordering it to get the discount?

Status
Please reply by conversation.