DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have 2 questions:

Will it be possible to share YT accounts with another house and split the cost?

If not: Will NFL Red Zone (the NFL Network produced version) be available on Directv?

Haven't seen any restrictions on family account access. Presumably NFL Red Zone (there is only one now, DirecTV no longer produces theirs) will be available on DirecTV and will be announced closer to football season.

Reactions: Tony1097
Stand alone prices are right there.
D* was somewhere between $293 and $395.

This is the PRICE for ST .... don't say well you had to have D* pricing added on to it, thats a different conversation.

YT version WILL cost more than D*'s as I said a year or so ago, because, D* set the price already ....

Now many had Hoped that YT would come in with a cheaper price, but why would they ... D already told them what people would spend.

It's cheaper for everyone who didn't have DirecTV, and anyone switching from it. Full stop. Can split hairs from there, but I've saved thousands and will continue to do so by not being a DirecTV customer and that will continue while also enjoying Sunday Ticket.

The only people Sunday Ticket got more expensive for today is people who are staying with DirecTV.

I have 2 questions:

Will it be possible to share YT accounts with another house and split the cost?
When I did the move from Michigan to Florida, YTTV knew I was in two different locations (wife was still in Michigan while I was getting the new house ready), could not watch Detroit locals while there.

I assume they will be watching out for password sharing.
If not: Will NFL Red Zone (the NFL Network produced version) be available on Directv?
No one knows yet.

Yeah, if you use a VPN regularly for work for example and connect through it and suddenly it looks like you're watching from Utah instead of at home (this happened to me) it will prompt you to confirm your home area so they can adhere to blackouts and other content restrictions. In the same city though? Probably not an issue.

Well, the one with the bells and whistles only really cost another $20 or so dollars iirc.

Well, I just saw and article that stated ST was $293 .... not sure if I remember when it was ever under $300.
It was a negotiable price for most..now its take it or leave it...I am glad you can buy it alacart...I was hoping for a cheaper mini package..maybe next year

Sunday ticket is higher than I expected. Almost $500 for those not subbed to YTTV.

I hope DirecTV re-ups NFL Network, adds it to Stream side, and adds RedZone to Sports Pack on both services. That would keep many customers that aren’t willing to pay the NFLST premium (those that DirecTV sweet hearted with discounts to keep on NFLST).

Does it matter? Who is going to subscribe to YTTV for the football season only to get the lower price for NFLST, when the "full price" of NFLST saves money over getting four months of YTTV?
Maybe they use this (ST) to switch to YTTV and stays with it.

You do know that YTTV is actually gaining subscribers, now almost to 6 million, while all other Traditional Providers are shedding them.

Maybe they use this (ST) to switch to YTTV and stays with it.

You do know that YTTV is actually gaining subscribers, now almost to 6 million, while all other Traditional Providers are shedding them.
Why

They have no RSNs

Why

They have no RSNs
Neither will the rest of providers soon.

By the way, amongst the newer providers, DirecTV Stream has under 1 million subs, YTTV has almost 6 million, Hulu Live almost 5 million, which one has the RSNs.

They all started Live TV service roughly around the same time, Stream started as DirecTV now, then became AT&T TV, then Stream-

Neither will the rest of providers soon.

By the way, amongst the newer providers, DirecTV Stream has under 1 million subs, YTTV has almost 6 million, Hulu Live almost 5 million, which one has the RSNs.

They all started Live TV service roughly around the same time, Stream started as DirecTV now, then became AT&T TV, then Stream-

Who cares what directv stream has...its all about if a NFL fan will save money by not getting youtubetv...it might be worth it to save $100 if you already subscribe but to many its an added expense easily avoided

Who cares what directv stream has...its all about if a NFL fan will save money by not getting youtubetv...it might be worth it to save $100 if you already subscribe but to many its an added expense easily avoided

If they switch from DirecTV, Comcast, Dish, Charter, etc., to YTTV, of course they will save money, YTTV with ST is cheaper then those services without ST.

For example, under DirecTV’s new 2 year pricing

DirecTV’s Entertainment PKG(no RSN) with 3 boxes-$104.35 a month, first year total-$1252.2

YTTV with 3 streams-$73 a month, $250 for ST-$1126 for the year.

If they switch from DirecTV, Comcast, Dish, Charter, etc., to YTTV, of course they will save money, YTTV with ST is cheaper then those services without ST.

For example, under DirecTV’s new 2 year pricing

DirecTV’s Entertainment PKG(no RSN) with 3 boxes-$104.35 a month, first year total-$1252.2

YTTV with 3 streams-$73 a month, $250 for ST-$1126 for the year.
You only get 2 repeat 2 streams on the google nfl package...that means only 2 tvs...

You only get 2 repeat 2 streams on the google nfl package...that means only 2 tvs...
Doing a comparison on pricing since that what your post was about, 3 streams vs 3 boxes, ST is a extra which is still cheaper with YTTV then DirecTV’s promo pricing without.

Once again, you change the subject when someone has proven you incorrect.

Juan’s Rabbit HoleTM.

Doing a comparison on pricing since that what your post was about, 3 streams vs 3 boxes, ST is a extra which is still cheaper with YTTV then DirecTV’s promo pricing without.

Once again, you change the subject when someone has proven you incorrect.

Juan’s Rabbit HoleTM.
Its about apples to apples...why not compare 2 tv package prices?

Its about apples to apples...why not compare 2 tv package prices?
I did, YTTV vs DirecTV, guess what, YTTV won.

I can compare Comcast and Spectrum, but with all those extra fees, Broadcast Channels, which is about $25, a RSN fee, plus Box ( s ), DVR ( cloud or otherwise) and then those extra fees like franchise, public access, FCC, with all that it is pretty easy to figure out YTTV will be less expensive.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Seems inevitably NFL will go like MLB and overextend their scheduling. $1.5B? That's like DTV buying a new NFL stadium every year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.