DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I always figured a single team package for half the cost of the full package would be about right. Sure a lot of people who are now paying $300 but really only care about one team would downgrade, but the cheaper price would bring in people who would be unwilling to pay $300.

This is interesting... What technology are they using to deliver it?

When I read it, that was the same thing that crossed my mind. It sure does effect many cable co. And I had the feeling satellite still might deliver? Who, what, were?

Well isn't that murky. NFL gives rights to a private equity firm?! Private equity firms don't do things, they are a large pool of money. So the NFL gave (sold?) the rights for commercial establishments to former Directv Execs who'll then sell the rights to local sat/cable/fiber?

Reactions: AZ.
Well isn't that murky. NFL gives rights to a private equity firm?! Private equity firms don't do things, they are a large pool of money. So the NFL gave (sold?) the rights for commercial establishments to former Directv Execs who'll then sell the rights to local sat/cable/fiber?
Yep, think of HBO, where HBO gets 70% of the revenue, the provider gets 30%.

It will be similar to what this private equity firm is doing, they would get the most of the revenue while, DirecTV for example, gets a smaller percentage.

The problem is, before you pretty much had to have DirecTV for Commercial Establishments because of ST, now anyone can carry it, Dish, Comcast, Charter, streaming, etc.

Also depends on other sport’s agreements, are they exclusive to DirecTV to provide to businesses, or can other providers offer them.

The last thing I get from this, DirecTV is not spending money anymore to make it’s service better, no more exclusive agreements, no new satellites, equipment, etc.

Sounds illegal to me

That'll depend on what the equity firm does. They may just sell it to Directv. Curious about the legalities of that, with the NFL being a *cough* non-profit.

As far as Directv and Sunday Ticket, the NFL did dilute its value with Red Zone and the subscription package that allowed watching replays of the games for $10 a month (which I was all over!). It was what you had or Sunday Ticket. So there was a greater value to being able to offer that. Then the NFL diluted its value by providing access to live games and replays (almost instantly) for a much lower price, which undercut Directv.

That'll depend on what the equity firm does. They may just sell it to Directv. Curious about the legalities of that, with the NFL being a *cough* non-profit.

As far as Directv and Sunday Ticket, the NFL did dilute its value with Red Zone and the subscription package that allowed watching replays of the games for $10 a month (which I was all over!). It was what you had or Sunday Ticket. So there was a greater value to being able to offer that. Then the NFL diluted its value by providing access to live games and replays (almost instantly) for a much lower price, which undercut Directv.
NFL isn't non-profit anymore.

Reactions: Yespage
If Comcast , verizon and directv offer sunday ticket to commercial establishments in the same market..the only one making a profit would be the equity firm

Reactions: SamCdbs
pricing is out

For our YouTube TV members with a Base Plan, the NFL Sunday Ticket add-on is available during the presale at $249 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $349 for the season. We are also offering a bundle option with NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL RedZone for a total of $289 for the season during the presale, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $389 for the season.
On Primetime Channels, NFL Sunday Ticket is available during the presale at $349 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $449 for the season. And the bundled NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL Redzone option is available during the presale at $389 for the season, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $489 for the season.

pricing is out

For our YouTube TV members with a Base Plan, the NFL Sunday Ticket add-on is available during the presale at $249 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $349 for the season. We are also offering a bundle option with NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL RedZone for a total of $289 for the season during the presale, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $389 for the season.
On Primetime Channels, NFL Sunday Ticket is available during the presale at $349 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $449 for the season. And the bundled NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL Redzone option is available during the presale at $389 for the season, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $489 for the season.
Waiting for those that said YTTV Subscribers would be paying more than what DirecTV charged to say they were incorrect.

I believe the YT Primetime price is less then DirecTV charged.

If you already have YTTV it doesn't matter
But lets say you sign up for NFL season. Thats 5 months (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan) so 73*5 is $365
No...read the fine print

1. Offer ends 6/6. Terms and embargoes restrictions apply. No refunds. Subscription auto-renews at the then current seasonal price unless canceled.

Status
Please reply by conversation.