DIRECTV unlikely to keep NFL Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It is funny, because right now the NHL is seeing a drop in ratings and some point to ESPN+ being the reason. Of course, the NHL isn't the NFL.

Reactions: AZ.
Well well well

Another victory for directv commercial division as another sports streamer comes to terms with reality

No big surprise, businesses are not ready for streaming, but they need to make plans since DirecTV is about 4 years away from becoming unprofitable.

It’s not the businesses that aren’t ready for streaming… for soccer, there are a couple of high profile English Premier League games are only available on Peacock every week - Arsenal v City the other day was Peacock only. Any bar that’s going to show MLS (a lesser product than EPL) is going to have the ability to stream. NBC offers a sports pub pass to allow streaming in bars.

This is all on Apple for not having a commercial license that bars can use to legally stream. I don’t know if they just overlooked the issue or what. If it is, it’s a bad case of streamer not understanding the market.

Same thing is true of the US National Teams. Many of their games are on HBO Max. Again, no commercial license available. Bars had to show the Spanish language version on a recent USWNT game, which was available through a linear provider.

Supposedly, YTTV only has residential rights for ST… if that’s the case, there is hope for a non-streaming solution for bars. Otherwise, Google may need to create a YTTV account for businesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not the businesses that aren’t ready for streaming… for soccer, there are a couple of high profile English Premier League games are only available on Peacock every week - Arsenal v City the other day was Peacock only. Any bar that’s going to show MLS (a lesser product than EPL) is going to have the ability to stream. NBC offers a sports pub pass to allow streaming in bars.

This is all on Apple for not having a commercial license that bars can use to legally stream. I don’t know if they just overlooked the issue or what. If it is, it’s a bad case of streamer not understanding the market.

Same thing is true of the US National Teams. Many of their games are on HBO Max. Again, no commercial license available. Bars had to show the Spanish language version on a recent USWNT game, which was available through a linear provider.

Supposedly, YTTV only has residential rights for ST… if that’s the case, there is hope for a non-streaming solution for bars. Otherwise, Google may need to create a YTTV account for businesses.

It has been well known for awhile that Bars/Restaurants are just not ready for the high demands of streaming, especially multiple Televisions, but within the next few years, they will have no choice, for example-

That report added that the national chain Buffalo Wild Wings — which makes the ability to watch football at its locations a key selling point in its advertising — lacks the technological ability to stream Prime Video in many of its locations.

Reactions: AZ.
Quoting still not working, at least in this thread.

Of course bars aren’t ready for streaming despite the counter example that I gave.

I’m also sure bars won’t be open tomorrow at 4:30 AM in California… 7:30 AM eastern for Arsenal v. Aston Villa.

Quoting still not working, at least in this thread.

Of course bars aren’t ready for streaming despite the counter example that I gave.

I’m also sure bars won’t be open tomorrow at 4:30 AM in California… 7:30 AM eastern for Arsenal v. Aston Villa.

They might extend closing time...

NFL+ is largely just a repackaged Game Pass. The equivalent of a single-team sub compared to a $300 package using MLB as a template would make it over $250 still.

Not sure who you're really talking to with the last bit, unless they come out significantly more expensive than DirecTV's offering it'll be a relative bargain compared to the costs involved to get it via satellite.

As for how they pay (aka the things we complain about when we're really reaching, because who really cares), it's a bit more complex than that, between the blanket fee and additional kickers based on YTTV signups and whatnot. That's why the annual cost to Youtube is an average / estimate.
So why are all of these websites claiming a single-team option is coming? No evidence to back that up at all.

Sports in general seem to think everyone will show up and bills will be paid. I'm not so sure.

Neither are known, not sure what point you're straining to make h
Not straining to make a point because the point I made is that stories with clickbait titles have nothing new to offer. Nothing has
Neither are known, not sure what point you're straining to make here.
Just giving an opinion. Looking at the fighting and unprofessional comments by you and others I see that's not welcomed here. If you don't agree fine but it's sad that Scott allows these kinds of comments to go on. Someone warned me about this website and this has proven they were right. Being Civil should be part of the conversation even if you don't agree.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
The victim card is pretty rich coming from the person who jumped into this thread and said people who like to discuss their interests must not have a a life and are lonely.

But I'M the one who is 'unprofessional and unwelcoming' lol? :oldlaugh

Reactions: Mr Tony and AZ.
The victim card is pretty rich coming from the person who jumped into this thread and said people who like to discuss their interests must not have a a life and are lonely.

Well enjoy your laugh.

Well, you lied about that. I actually commented about youtube adding a chat function to the NFL games and what a waste is was. Anyway, the site rules don't apply to you I guess. This is what a member of AVSForums warned me about. I have never attacked a member but instead have stated facts about news stories and blogs. Sticking to facts. Back to AVSForums

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
No big surprise, businesses are not ready for streaming, but they need to make plans since DirecTV is about 4 years away from becoming unprofitable.
Any links that back up your wild predictions?. Seems you like to get on other members who don't post links or actual stories to back up claims they make. Guess you are an exception to the rule.

Reactions: SamCdbs
Status
Please reply by conversation.