DirecTV upgrade and RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ryan0rZ

Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I currently have an extremely old DirecTV set up. I think it's circa 1996. It's just a simple 1 dish, 1 head, 1 room setup. I've even moved once since I purchased it. So basically, I own the dish.

I was looking at upgrading to a multi-room set up (2 DVRs and another room). From my understanding, this comes with a new dish, and me being required to run some new cables throughout the house. Which isn't a big deal.

My question is, since I own the other dish, I was wondering if I could mount it on my RV and add that as an "extra room" for the $5/extra or whatever a month?

Additionally, I was looking at possibly buying a cottage a hundred or so miles north of me, would it be possible to do the same listed above, just in a more permanent set up?

Thanks for any help.
-- Ryan

I currently have an extremely old DirecTV set up. I think it's circa 1996. It's just a simple 1 dish, 1 head, 1 room setup. I've even moved once since I purchased it. So basically, I own the dish.

I was looking at upgrading to a multi-room set up (2 DVRs and another room). From my understanding, this comes with a new dish, and me being required to run some new cables throughout the house. Which isn't a big deal.

My question is, since I own the other dish, I was wondering if I could mount it on my RV and add that as an "extra room" for the $5/extra or whatever a month?

Additionally, I was looking at possibly buying a cottage a hundred or so miles north of me, would it be possible to do the same listed above, just in a more permanent set up?

Thanks for any help.
-- Ryan

Yes, On both accounts, but you would not want to let them know or they would like you to pay for an addl. account.

Many people do this, I have a rec in the RV as we speak.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)