Directv & Virgin Islands

Dish Fan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2019
Phoenix
Hello:
I was wondering if somebody could guide me in the right direction to find out if I can get directv service at virgin islands...
Thanks in advance

Best regards

Your only option for Directv would be Directv Latin America. The signals from the regular Directv satellites just don't cover that far south.

Reactions: Dish Fan
Thanks a lot raoul5788
Incorrect!
Directv in the Virgin Islands is part of Directv Puerto Rico which is neither our Directv nor Directv Latin America. The PR signals are no longer on a separate satellite, all of the PR/VI channels are spotbeamed to PR from our satellites. All channels have different numbers in PR/VI vs the mainland. Directv does not offer locals for the USVI but Dish does.

Incorrect!
Directv in the Virgin Islands is part of Directv Puerto Rico which is neither our Directv nor Directv Latin America. The PR signals are no longer on a separate satellite, all of the PR/VI channels are spotbeamed to PR from our satellites. All channels have different numbers in PR/VI vs the mainland. Directv does not offer locals for the USVI but Dish does.
Yes, there are some Directv services in the VI. I didn't know (why would I!) that the signals for PR cover the VI.

Fun fact: you can see all of the PR channels easily on the weekly channel updates they post on the ce site. All PR channels appear as DMA 213.

The Puerto Rico market gets a whole lot ofHD programming They also get all. their Locals, most in HD.

Check out the TPN Map for complete details. PR is shown in the LOCAL tab, as if it were a domestic DMA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts