DirecTV VOD - satellite or internet?

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Asking for my daughter. They bought a house way out in the boonies right next to the Mark Twain national forest and internet is problematic. Meaning if they need it today it is either satellite or cell.

It has been quite a few years since I’ve had D*, so I don’t know.

Right. They are planning on subbing to D* satellite service for TV. They have a 5th wheel and have been traveling for the last 2 years and finally bought a house.

I had told them that I wouldn’t sign up with any contract service right now because there is nearly zip new on TV these days. They said they would use VOD with D* to catch up on as many shows that they could.

So at this time I think they will still sign up because they don’t like having just OTA and even if shows go to reruns quickly, it will be reruns of shows they’ve not seen.

I am trying to get them to hold off on signing up with satellite internet until the low orbit ones go live.

Right. They are planning on subbing to D* satellite service for TV. They have a 5th wheel and have been traveling for the last 2 years and finally bought a house.

I had told them that I wouldn’t sign up with any contract service right now because there is nearly zip new on TV these days. They said they would use VOD with D* to catch up on as many shows that they could.

So at this time I think they will still sign up because they don’t like having just OTA and even if shows go to reruns quickly, it will be reruns of shows they’ve not seen.

I am trying to get them to hold off on signing up with satellite internet until the low orbit ones go live.
Can Unlimited Cell service be good enough to use for this type of service (VOD) ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)