Directv wants me to suspend account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stellar832000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
San Antonio
I just called Directv to cancell my account because I switched to Dish and the CSR insisted that I put my account into suspend mode just in case I decide to switch back in a few months when Directv gets more HD channels, she said it doesn't cost anything to suspend the account and I can do it for up to three months. I did not even know this was possible, I had no intention of going back to Directv but since its free I am wondering if I should do it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Well if your locked into a contract with Dish, what would be the point? Dish told me something similar when I went to Voom but they wanted to charge $5 a month fee up to so long to let it idle without paying the $25 reconnect fee. :rolleyes: After Voom, I went with DirectTV and I haven't been as happy with it. After my DirecTV contract expires, I am planning to go back with Dish.

I do not have a contract with Dish, but the HD looks awesome compared to Directv HD anyways I just thought it would be a good idea since it is free and maybe if Directv got some good channels I would think of going back. Perhaps I will just cancel all together but it is hard to tell someone that is so persistant no.

Just hang out and see what happens, the only thing I'm not impressed with on either services HD, is there not true HD. Personally, I didn't see paying DirecTV the arm and leg they wanted for a handful of channels not in true HD. That's just me, I just might as well do without.

Also if you suspend your account if you don't call before that 3 months they will start billing you again and your previous rate. So if you order Total Choice Premier with Locals if you don't call them up again and cancel after those three months are up you will be billed 90+ bucks a month plus all box fees and taxes and you cannot get that money back for the days you used. So if you do call and cancel 15 days for example after the end of the first three months you will be charged for the half month that you cannot dispute no matter what. Just be carefull with this okay.

Cancel,we dealt with D*'s suspend mode when we moved from Alexandria.It's just a way for them to make a few bucks more to put in the slush fund

I canceled on 4/18. The CSR tried to get me to suspend also by citing that D* has new sats up and more HD programming is on the way blah blah blah. I told her I'm tired of waiting. I switched to Cablevision - Triple bundle - Three services for 99.00 actually 108.95. I have the HD DVR for 9.95 a month and NO UPFRONT COSTS. When I told the CSR that she was silent. So far I'm happy with the quality of CV. When D* gets their sh*t together then Ill take another look. Or hopefully Verizon Fios will be available and then they can all take a hike!

tiraggi said:
I canceled on 4/18. The CSR tried to get me to suspend also by citing that D* has new sats up and more HD programming is on the way blah blah blah. I told her I'm tired of waiting. I switched to Cablevision - Triple bundle - Three services for 99.00 actually 108.95. I have the HD DVR for 9.95 a month and NO UPFRONT COSTS. When I told the CSR that she was silent. So far I'm happy with the quality of CV. When D* gets their sh*t together then Ill take another look. Or hopefully Verizon Fios will be available and then they can all take a hike!

We have Adelphia here in Massanutten,Va,after having D* in Northern Va forever.I had full intentions of keeping D* but with the crap of who can get this local and who can't,and D* stating info that they don't know for sure is correct,we will stay with Adelphia,17 HD channels,3 SA 8300 DVR's and as many more that we may want/no up front fees/internet speeds 7000kbps/1000kbps it will do for now.If D* ever gets everything together again we may switch back

stellar832000 said:
I just called Directv to cancell my account because I switched to Dish and the CSR insisted that I put my account into suspend mode just in case I decide to switch back in a few months when Directv gets more HD channels, she said it doesn't cost anything to suspend the account and I can do it for up to three months. I did not even know this was possible, I had no intention of going back to Directv but since its free I am wondering if I should do it. Anyone have any suggestions?

They want you to suspend because a suspended account will not hurt their sub numbers. If you stop service, it counts as a lost subscriber.

Vurbano is right. "Do not suspend your account. Hit them with another churn number. They will not change otherwise."

Besides, if you forget to call, they will re-activate and will begin to charge your account. If you cancel, just tell them it's due to their degrading PQ.:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts