DirecTV Whiner Thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Skyboss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Well peeps, this 12 year customer has just about had it. Why? Well, two things - for starters anyway:

1. Sunday Ticket and HD. I think it's a scam and probably illegal to charge extra to get the HD version of a game when the games are no longer broadcast in SD anyway. The value programing "Red Zone" is now free everywhere else (Cable/ATT/Verizon), so Super Fan is now nothing more than a gimick to screw you out of more money. We pay an HD access fee which covers all the other HD duplicates, why is DirecTV allowed to screw us on Sunday Ticket? It's a bunch of bull and it probably costs them more to down-res it for the SD broadcast.

2. DirecTV 12 - not much promise. Per their press release, the only thing for sure out there is more locals and more PPV/On Demand. Well let's throw a party!!!! Are you kidding me?

DIRECTV: Feature: DIRECTV 12 Satellite Launch

Lets face it, they need to get their act together and the only way that will happen is if we let them have it. Haven't we all been shafted enough paying out more and more for nothing new? If I ran my business like this, I'd be out of business.

They don't have to down rez anything. That just pick up the SD feed of the network. They do it because people pay it. Basic free market economics. When people stop paying it, they'll stop charging it. It's hardly illeagal.

Well peeps, this 12 year customer has just about had it. Why? Well, two things - for starters anyway:

1. Sunday Ticket and HD. I think it's a scam and probably illegal to charge extra to get the HD version of a game when the games are no longer broadcast in SD anyway. The value programing "Red Zone" is now free everywhere else (Cable/ATT/Verizon), so Super Fan is now nothing more than a gimick to screw you out of more money. We pay an HD access fee which covers all the other HD duplicates, why is DirecTV allowed to screw us on Sunday Ticket? It's a bunch of bull and it probably costs them more to down-res it for the SD broadcast.

2. DirecTV 12 - not much promise. Per their press release, the only thing for sure out there is more locals and more PPV/On Demand. Well let's throw a party!!!! Are you kidding me?

Lets face it, they need to get their act together and the only way that will happen is if we let them have it. Haven't we all been shafted enough paying out more and more for nothing new? If I ran my business like this, I'd be out of business.

I must say you named this thread quite well......

I must say you named this thread quite well......

:up:up

To the OP:

NFLST costs what it does because people are willing to pay for it and D* has the exclusive contract. (And that will not be changing anytime soon)

Red Zone is not free on other providers, it averages around $5.99 mo.

You will see new HD channels with D12. A lot of places will get HD locals (me I hope) give it a chance.

If I was as pissed off as you are I'd cancel my DIRECTV subscription instead of whinning about it. I guess you decided to just piss and moan about it.

To the OP:

NFLST costs what it does because people are willing to pay for it and D* has the exclusive contract. (And that will not be changing anytime soon)

Red Zone is not free on other providers, it averages around $5.99 mo.

You will see new HD channels with D12. A lot of places will get HD locals (me I hope) give it a chance.

The problem isn't paying for Sunday Ticket, the problem is paying extra to see something in HD when its already in HD. Red Zone is free in my market on both Cable and ATT, and more PPV HD channels don't count.

As for new channels, been there and heard that line before. 130 HD channels my ass.

If I was as pissed off as you are I'd cancel my DIRECTV subscription instead of whinning about it. I guess you decided to just piss and moan about it.

Why, so they can screw me with a fee???

Again, false choice. Too much invested money wise - thousands over the last 10 years alone on equipment, nevermind programing fees.

Done with empty promises. Its Directv's job to stop screwing the consumer and provide some product.

The problem isn't paying for Sunday Ticket, the problem is paying extra to see something in HD when its already in HD. Red Zone is free in my market on both Cable and ATT, and more PPV HD channels don't count.

As for new channels, been there and heard that line before. 130 HD channels my ass.

The same goes for the HD portion of NFLST. People are willing to pay for it, so they can charge for it. Do what many others have done, tell them you won't pay for it and you just might get a freebie....

The same goes for the HD portion of NFLST. People are willing to pay for it, so they can charge for it. Do what many others have done, tell them you won't pay for it and you just might get a freebie....

Maybe DirecTV should grow a pair of business ethics balls and not charge for it. They only charge you for the HD because they know no one will pay $100 bucks for the rest of the useless crap associated with "Super Fan" if they didn't include HD in "Super Fan".

I am a Sunday Ticket subscriber and love the package including SF. I always negotiate SF for free so I am a bit biased in my analysis. That being said, I think Sunday Ticket is over priced but I still buy it. I am not forced. If I cant afford it, then I dont get it. I dont see how Directv is screwing me over. They have the exclusive rights and can charge whatever they want. Now that being said, I think the price increases is going to eventually pull people out including me. While I love it, the day is fast approaching where the value doesnt match the price in my book. For you, that time might be now so really all this is is a whining rant.

Next year when your ST renews call them & say you want to cancel because you can't justify the extra money for SF & ST is not worth the cost for SD feeds. They will likely give you SF for free. They're not going to let you cancel a big ticket item like ST if they can keep you happy for $100.

I can guarantee you that there will be a lot more than just locals and PPV with D12.

As with the words from Sateracer, "You will be pleasantly surprised"

this thread makes me a saaaaaaad homer :(

homer+crying.gif

:p:D

While the games are produced in HD, DirecTV has to dedicate the transponder space to broadcast the games. ST isn't like MLB-EI or NBA-LP which basically just opens up the RSN's that carry the games to the subscribers.

What I don't like is to get the HD I have to pay for it along with other SuperFan features that I don't need/want, like stat tracker, RedZone or Supercast.

While the games are produced in HD, DirecTV has to dedicate the transponder space to broadcast the games. ST isn't like MLB-EI or NBA-LP which basically just opens up the RSN's that carry the games to the subscribers.

What I don't like is to get the HD I have to pay for it along with other SuperFan features that I don't need/want, like stat tracker, RedZone or Supercast.

All they do for ST is rebroadcast a local affiliate game nationally. Same thing. The channel is there, they just double it up to a PPV slot. So then we shoudl expect to not pay for it when D12 is live because they don't have a transponder capacity issue? Fat chance.

Yup. :up

All they do for ST is rebroadcast a local affiliate game nationally. Same thing. The channel is there, they just double it up to a PPV slot. So then we shoudl expect to not pay for it when D12 is live because they don't have a transponder capacity issue? Fat chance.

Yup. :up

No your so wrong it not funny.

1. the HDand sd feeds are not just rebroadcast of the same local affialbte feeds. They are comming from fox and cbs central command directly. then get there own dedcated transponder space. Unlike RSN where they may or may not have HD feed depending on the RSN

NFL has a contract with us and part that contract sayse we have to charge for HD . Whinging to directly not going to change it. like other people have suggested you can get it for free. if you threatehn to cancle it before the next seeason starts.

You have a problem with the cost of NFLST then dont pay it no one is forcing it to you or go over to dish network and watch redzone if that is your thing. I paid less then 100 bucks when nfl was first out and now it risen from there on. now I dont agree with the price and I been vocal about not liking that HD cost extra no one likes it but you either wor k around the systme or you just do with out.

But if your going to whine whine to the NFL they told us to set it up this way.

bottom line Directv is the NFL's female dog.

They bark we do. why because we want to keep the exclusivity of nfl st. So it alot more then just directv being mean and unfair .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts