DirecTV Whiner Thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No your so wrong it not funny.

1. the HDand sd feeds are not just rebroadcast of the same local affialbte feeds. They are comming from fox and cbs central command directly. then get there own dedcated transponder space. Unlike RSN where they may or may not have HD feed depending on the RSN

NFL has a contract with us and part that contract sayse we have to charge for HD . Whinging to directly not going to change it. like other people have suggested you can get it for free. if you threatehn to cancle it before the next seeason starts.

You have a problem with the cost of NFLST then dont pay it no one is forcing it to you or go over to dish network and watch redzone if that is your thing. I paid less then 100 bucks when nfl was first out and now it risen from there on. now I dont agree with the price and I been vocal about not liking that HD cost extra no one likes it but you either wor k around the systme or you just do with out.

But if your going to whine whine to the NFL they told us to set it up this way.

bottom line Directv is the NFL's female dog.

They bark we do. why because we want to keep the exclusivity of nfl st. So it alot more then just directv being mean and unfair .
good post. so basically Directv is The NFL's bitch;) I see............ I'll continue to try to get SF free as long as i can afford NFLST

NFL has a contract with us and part that contract sayse we have to charge for HD .

You already charge me for HD. Next time, don't over-bid to keep your exclusivity causing you to charge even more.

You already charge me for HD. Next time, don't over-bid to keep your exclusivity causing you to charge even more.

they have to pay whatever the NFL bends them over for.if not,that giant sucking sound will be 1 million+ subs churning to greener pastures.

All they do for ST is rebroadcast a local affiliate game nationally. Same thing. The channel is there, they just double it up to a PPV slot. So then we shoudl expect to not pay for it when D12 is live because they don't have a transponder capacity issue? Fat chance
What you need to realize is that the local broadcast through DirecTV is on spot beam. In order for Direct to deliver the local game nationally through ST they need to broadcast that game on a Conus feed (additional transponder use).

Other sports packages are already on Conus as their RSN feed is already national. The only thing the other sports package does is turn on the broadcast for those to view outside of a DMA (no additional transponder use - except for the few broadcast from local stations).

What you need to realize is that the local broadcast through DirecTV is on spot beam. In order for Direct to deliver the local game nationally through ST they need to broadcast that game on a Conus feed (additional transponder use).

Maybe they should have thought about that ahead of time because what they ended up doing was adding all the regional channels that carry baseball which I'm sure carried a rather heavy pricetag.

Maybe they should have thought about that ahead of time because what they ended up doign was adding all the regional channels that carry baseball which I'm sure carried a rather heavy pricetag.
Those are RSNs and people can sub to get each one of these RSNs turned on through the sports pack. Most of the RSNs show something different most of the time (although some of the syndicated shows will be the same). They are used for more than just baseball. Without it LP, CI, and many other packages will not be as enticing either. Why do you think Dish is unable to show as many games in HD on their sports packages and they often get JIP messages?

If they were to put every single FOX and CBS affiliate on CONUS, that would be an even bigger waste of bandwidth, of which nobody will be able to sub to outside of the football game. What would you do with these networks when the games are not on?

If they were to put every single FOX and CBS affiliate on CONUS, that would be an even bigger waste of bandwidth, of which nobody will be able to sub to outside of the football game. What would you do with these networks when the games are not on?

They wouldn't need to do that. Not every affiliate has a sports team.

They wouldn't need to do that. Not every affiliate has a sports team.
I should have clarified.

Every affiliate that carries the different regional football game.

This is still at least 16 separate FOX and CBS channels for the 16 games played by the 32 teams. Just look at the number of PPV channels they remove during ST. What would they do with these 16 CBS and FOX channels when a game is not being shown?

OK lets put it this way, we do not pull from the affialte for a number of reasons.

1. why go to the affialate when they are just pulling the game from cbs/fox. Example where I live there is a NFC team, so fox has the carriage on that . Also I have a friend who works for the local fox affialte . Fox films the game where it uplinked to fox centeral command then then re uplink to a different satellite for the local fox station to carry it. Same thing wiht CBS stations as more then one afialte goingto care the game. .

So we it from the source directly a. saving tp space but not havint duplicate channels for a games sake. Also it less hands the signal goes throw the better the picture quality.

Dont like the cost of SF or the cost of ST well there is the door and I be more then happy ot have a rention agent show you out.

Do we gets complaints on price on ST yeah but surprisingly so littleit seldom makes it to our list of call trends.

Plenty of customer of learned that if they dont like the price they dont have to have the service and yeah sometimes it means tossing in free superfan or tossing in something esle.

When there are deals to mention I mnetion them here . When there are inside tricks to help a customer I also post them here usually in a private message as it tends to be a case by case issue.

But none of your whining is going to chainge anything if your whining to the wrong person.

Why, so they can screw me with a fee???

Again, false choice. Too much invested money wise - thousands over the last 10 years alone on equipment, nevermind programing fees.

Done with empty promises. Its Directv's job to stop screwing the consumer and provide some product.
And exactly who was it that held a gun to your head and made you sign up originally?

Was it the same person who held the gun to your head and made you buy/lease all that equipment?

Good choices=good consequences

Poor choices=bad consequences

Here's the way I see it. There are tons of other options out there...Dish, Cable....etc. You have the choice to switch fee or no fee included. It IS just that simple.

If I don't like something, I change it......not cry about it, but that's just me.

Put your clothes back on, Rey!

this thread makes me a saaaaaaad homer :(

homer+crying.gif

:p:D

like i said in my thread that is now non existance bc someone deleted it... apparently.

if you dont want to pay extra or watch ST with SF... dont sign up for it and you can make that call and take that off your programming. no one forced you to do it.

whining isnt gonna get you Free ST....

Welcome to the Corporation States of America... Crazy fees are here to stay. The poster children of these crazy fees is the arline industry and banking industry. I can only do one thing, I can only exercise my freedom to choose.

Welcome to the Corporation States of America... Crazy fees are here to stay. The poster children of these crazy fees is the arline industry and banking industry. I can only do one thing, I can only exercise my freedom to choose.

You forgot the telco's, which lists fees which sound like some government tax when it's just pure profit to them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts