Directv Whole Home Help?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigj954

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
Hollywood Beach, Florida
So 2 weeks ago we upgraded one of are HD boxes to an HD DVR box and got it up and fully running except for the Whole Home part. I live in a multi dwelling building meaning there is a dish on the roof for the whole building, but it's fully capable of having whole home and it should work. At 1st Whole Home would not activate at all, but then me with Directv on the phone got it to activate and we made sure all the boxes IP addresses matched and all that stuff. So the problem is that Directv said to me when I click "list" on the remote in any room all the recorded stuff from the DVR should show up and I should be able to click it and watch it right from that screen, but what is happening is when I click "list" on the remote it brings up the "To Do List" on each of the each Boxes except the DVR where it shows me the recorded shows. Also, all the boxes are the H24 Boxes with the Deca built in so it has nothing to do with a Deca being connected to the boxes or anything like that, and I know for Whole Home you need at least a 2 channel SWM dish and are buildings dish is a 16 channel SWM dish so it's more then capable of running Whole Home. So my question is how do I fix this and get it working so I could watch recorded shows in other rooms? thanks for any answers in advance.

Last edited:
Ok, first, follow these steps..
1. open the menu, go to settings and help, settings, Whole Home then Status and make sure each one says Whole Home Authorized. If they don't.. Theres the problem.. Call DirecTV.
2. Assuming they say Authorized, check that there is nothing connected on the Satellite in cable for each box. There should only be one cable if you have a SWM system (even on the HD-DVR). You may have a Power inserter on one line, this is okay. It is black, 4.5 inches long by 1.5 inches wide and has a single green light on it. If there are ANY other boxes on the lines, describe them here, they may be Bandstop filters, and if they are they would be the problem. But we need to make sure first.
3. Make sure there are no Ethernet cables plugged into the back of the receivers. If there are, they shut down the built in DECA, and therefore shut down whole Home.

Post after you check out the above and let us know what you find.. these are just the starting steps.

Ok, first, follow these steps..
1. open the menu, go to settings and help, settings, Whole Home then Status and make sure each one says Whole Home Authorized. If they don't.. Theres the problem.. Call DirecTV.
2. Assuming they say Authorized, check that there is nothing connected on the Satellite in cable for each box. There should only be one cable if you have a SWM system (even on the HD-DVR). You may have a Power inserter on one line, this is okay. It is black, 4.5 inches long by 1.5 inches wide and has a single green light on it. If there are ANY other boxes on the lines, describe them here, they may be Bandstop filters, and if they are they would be the problem. But we need to make sure first.
3. Make sure there are no Ethernet cables plugged into the back of the receivers. If there are, they shut down the built in DECA, and therefore shut down whole Home.

Post after you check out the above and let us know what you find.. these are just the starting steps.
I did all of this already. It is activated for sure and there is nothing plugged in the back of it other then what needs to be there, including only one cable for the SWM on the HD DVR. Also, Directv on the phone told me it should be working and they don't even have any idea as to why it is not working. I even had a truck roll 2 weeks ago and the person who came out told me "his hands are tied and can't do anything" and his local boss said the same thing. On top of that he thought there was an error on the paper work when he saw it was to fix a Whole Home and almost did not show up. Then yesterday I had a second truck roll and he did not even want to come inside to look at it because he said we are not even supposed to be here for this, and he left with in 5 minutes. I been having an on going problem for 3 weeks with Directv on the phone, Directv truck roll, the subcontractor for my building Access Media 3 on the phone and there truck roll and I don't know what to do so I came here for help after all this.

Last edited:
having the Access Media 3 contractors doesn't help the situation, if both boxes read authorized, and the physical wiring is done correctly, it may just be a software issue, try to reset both boxes, then resend authorizations. Its possible that there is a bandstop filter in the wrong place since your an mdu account, but the techs are the ones that would check on that, you probably wouldnt have access. Can you post any pictures of the wiring setups for the apartments? Where the lines come inside, where the splitters are, and where the switches are.

having the Access Media 3 contractors doesn't help the situation, if both boxes read authorized, and the physical wiring is done correctly, it may just be a software issue, try to reset both boxes, then resend authorizations. Its possible that there is a bandstop filter in the wrong place since your an mdu account, but the techs are the ones that would check on that, you probably wouldnt have access. Can you post any pictures of the wiring setups for the apartments? Where the lines come inside, where the splitters are, and where the switches are.

I already reset each and every bo:mad:5 boxes) at least 4 times and that did nothing and all the software on all the boxes are up to date. Also, so you know the Dish is on the roof over 36 stories high and in my apartment the line from the dish goes into a box on the wall in the master bed room walk in closet, then as far as set up it looks like any normal set up. Here is a picture of the set up of the DVR cabling, and the reason the splitter is there is for Comcast internet if you're wanting to know. So you know as well it tells me on all the boxes in the Whole Home status "No networked DVRs found", and Directv thought the antenna in the DVR for whole Home was not working so they sent me a replacement box witch I got yesterday and it still says the same thing.

?View attachment 89821

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)