Directv without contract?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't recall exactly when I got my HR20, but it's a leased unit.

I don't remember anyone selling it that cheap, maybe for sd setups. When Directv first came out it was in the $700-800 range. When you could still get an HR20 at Best Buy they were $300.

Ya'll must all be young or something, you're not going back far enough.

I'm talking about December 1998 (DirecTV HD did not exist), bought a Hughes Network Systems receiver + dish from CircuitCity for $250-$300, went home, installed it with the self install kit then had to call BOTH DirecTV AND USSB to activate it.

Me? Young?? Thanks, but I'm 60! If you paid that little for a complete setup, you must have bought it on sale, maybe even as a close out. BTW, USSB was aquired by Directv in December of 1998.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Ya'll must all be young or something, you're not going back far enough.

I'm talking about December 1998 (DirecTV HD did not exist), bought a Hughes Network Systems receiver + dish from CircuitCity for $250-$300, went home, installed it with the self install kit then had to call BOTH DirecTV AND USSB to activate it.
Yes, like you said, Standard Def as HD wasn't around at that point ...

Me? Young?? Thanks, but I'm 60! If you paid that little for a complete setup, you must have bought it on sale, maybe even as a close out. BTW, USSB was aquired by Directv in December of 1998.
Yup, your young ... or maybe your mind is leaving and you just don't remember any more ... :D

Reactions: raoul5788
Yes, my HR20-700 (still going strong) is owned, it was one of the first ones released in I believe September 06...

BTW, USSB was aquired by Directv in December of 1998.
Ironically in Minneapolis (home of Hubbard Broadcasting....who started USSB) they have a commercial on the local Independent station that Hubbard owns (KSTC45..they also own the ABC too) about the "house of laughs" or something of the nature of the programming. The "professor" takes a lady into the elevator and if you slow it down you can clearly see a USSB logo in the back of the elevator. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)