directv won't activate receiver b/c overdue?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I just called DirecTV to activate my R15. The lady couldn't get it activated so she transferred me to a tech guy. He got on the line and said he couldn't activate it because my account was past due. I asked him why the lady didn't tell me that and he said he didn't know. Was he just feeding me bs so that he could get off the phone or is it true that they won't activate an reciever on an account that is past due? I mean they haven't shut off my service yet and why wouldn't the customer service lady have told me that?

I beleive they can not make any chances to your account if it is past due. I know if its past due you also can not make any account changes online.

that's weird because i can change my account online just fine. I mean you can't change receivers online but i can add/delete packages just fine and all of the options show up just fine so why can't i do it over the phone? Was the tech just being an idiot?

I guess I would pay the part due amopunt and then call back. Or call again and try another CSR.

The online acct features will drop off at a longer time (I think at the 2nd mo) than the phone CSRs (any time past due). Just pay the bill.

I am sending robert the money monday. I'm getting the check for my hdtivo tomorrow and depositing it into my bank account, paying some to directv and $100 to robert tomorrow. The point is why won't they activate it for me? Why didn't the first csr tell me she couldn't activate it? If I call again tonight or tomorrow will i get the same response?

As stated about 10 times above; it is because you are past due. They will not add additional IRDs unless your account is brought back "in good standing". It is that simple.

it was past due when i bought my hdtivo on my account and had them install it, so what would make this any different? I guess I'll just have to call and find out.

Didn't D* recently change some of their credit worthiness policies maybe this has something to do with it?

Did you try adding the receiver online? Not sure how it works with DVRs I know you used to be able to do it online though.

how do you add a receiver online? I don't see the option to add a receiver online unless it is hidden inside another option, if so what option do I pick?

mikedz4 said:
how do you add a receiver online? I don't see the option to add a receiver online unless it is hidden inside another option, if so what option do I pick?
Can't add a receiver online like you could several years ago.

Shouldn't you just pay the bill? I give you big time credit for ... nerve ... for even posting this. Pay your bill

it's kinda hard to come up with $1000 that easily. That's like 2 paychecks because they wouldn't take back the stupid hd tivo i got ripped off on.

You're $1000.00 past due and are wondering why DirecTV won't allow you to add another reciever?? I'm surprised your service is still on.

Why are you buying your 'wants' when you are having trouble with your 'needs? It's like buying new wheels for your car when you can't afford the maintenance to keep it running (or the gas). 1st - yes - pay the past due amount and your issue will go away. 2nd - please focus on your spending habits - trust me, you will be in BIG trouble down the road if you keep this up. Don't blame D* for the situation - you purchased everything yourself.

mikedz4 said:
it's kinda hard to come up with $1000 that easily. That's like 2 paychecks because they wouldn't take back the stupid hd tivo i got ripped off on.
No offense, but if 2 paychecks can't cover the bill, you need to refocus your priorities.

I'm sorry, but DirecTV is correct with what they are doing.

mikedz4 said:

wow $1000, man D* shut me off many moons ago for being $5 past due my bill was like $120 I paid $115 thinking that was correct and like 2 weeks later I had no service lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts