Directv Worlddirect

Status
Please reply by conversation.

raymo721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Did a search on this before posting and didn't find anything so if this has been discussed before, sorry. I saw a dish in a very new development here in Howard Co. MD that had Directv WorldDirect printed on it. It looked very much like the much awaited "Slimline" mpeg4 dish meant to replace the bulky AT9. Couldn't get an upclose look at the lnb's without walking on the persons property, but the dish and and the lnb's looked an awful lot like the "Slimline", but the lnb's didn't look like they were in the casing shown in the pictures here in the forum. Anyone here heard of Directv WorldDirect that can shead any light??? Tks in advance!!---Ray

raymo721 said:
Did a search on this before posting and didn't find anything so if this has been discussed before, sorry. I saw a dish in a very new development here in Howard Co. MD that had Directv WorldDirect printed on it. It looked very much like the much awaited "Slimline" mpeg4 dish meant to replace the bulky AT9. Couldn't get an upclose look at the lnb's without walking on the persons property, but the dish and and the lnb's looked an awful lot like the "Slimline", but the lnb's didn't look like they were in the casing shown in the pictures here in the forum. Anyone here heard of Directv WorldDirect that can shead any light??? Tks in advance!!---Ray

A guy down the street from me has one. The dish may be the same as the new slimline, but the lnb array is different.

raoul5788 said:
A guy down the street from me has one. The dish may be the same as the new slimline, but the lnb array is different.
Chip, Could you ask the guy what the dish is for? I feel kinda wierd going up to a house not in my neighborhood. Tks.--Ray

The Worldirect dish is for foreign language “International” programming from D*. It has a 101 Ku LNB and a 95 Ku LNB on the same dish. Nuthin special, no Ka, no Slimline.
Rick

raymo721 said:
Chip, Could you ask the guy what the dish is for? I feel kinda wierd going up to a house not in my neighborhood. Tks.--Ray

I am pretty sure it is for Russian language station(s), since he is Russian! The above post shows which satellites.

That link that you just gave states that there is a Basic package with 50 channels available for $9.99. I wonder what those channels are. It also states that there is a Preferred choice package available for $29.99.

Basic package has following channels:

Local Channels, America’s Store, BYU TV, Church Channel, C-SPAN, C-SPAN2, Daystar, DIRECTV® FREEVIEW® EVENTS, EWTN, HITN-TV, Home Shopping Network (HSN), Link TV, Music Choice (30 channels), NASA TV, PBS You, QVC, RFD-TV, Shop at Home, ShopNBC, Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), Word Network

Not worthy to watch. Just bandwith fillers !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)