DirecTV2PC Beta Version 5313 Information

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bratboy

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 24, 2005
Denver CO
Yep, if you look up about 3 posts I mentioned I figured out the Spdif issue and how to get around it, hehe.

bratboy

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 24, 2005
Denver CO
Sad thing is I rarely use the darn app and, IMHO, it's not exactly what I call user friendly. Seems like every few builds they change something and I have to figure out another fix. For a while to get the earlier version working I had to disable my ATI cards audio driver once to get it working then I could re-enable the driver. This time its a hissy fit over spdif, can't wait to see what new challenge they toss my way next time hehe.

cfb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 10, 2009
California
I'm pretty sure they'll keep working on it until no one can watch anything. Then it'll be safe:)

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
yea it really sux, my video card is a nvidia 8500gt and its pcie1x kuz of this stupid pos mobo in this stupid pos pc. But at least i got off the intel graphics.... ah well.... i guess i need a new comp to watch anything now.... anyone else with other input?

cfb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 10, 2009
California
I wouldnt sweat the PCIE speed. Even 1x is plenty to do video even up to 1080P, even if the CPU is doing the decode. If the graphics chip is doing it, then you've really got plenty of headroom.

The intel graphics arent that bad either. A lot of the X3100 hookups arent HDCP compliant, but most of the X4500MHD ones are and the 4500 will do a full 1080P decode on chip.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
The problem I have is I do alot of gaming, EQ2, WoW, and I cant wait for FFIV, so my pc needs an update soon anyway, but anyways.... my card doesnt support DHCP to my knowledge, and i was stating the speed because theres not much room for upgrade. Im wondering If I get one of those VGA to HDMI cables off ebay, how well that would work... Might try that and post back. Any other input?

cfb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 10, 2009
California
That wont give you hdcp. There are some ATI 3450/4350 cards that'll throttle down to 1x and do directv2pc with hdcp over hdmi. Not much for gaming though. Some faster ATI cards will do hdcp over hdmi and give you good gaming power, but the choke point for high volume 3d graphics will be that 1x pcie connection.

I've seen a lot of laptops and desktops with hdmi/hdcp output, fast cpu's and decent gaming graphics processors selling in the $300-500 range. Snoop around the deal sites like fatwallet and slickdeals, and check the dell outlet.

cfb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 10, 2009
California
Yep you're right. A 1x card will go into any larger slot, but not the other way around.

Your options for 1x physical interface cards is limited and they're expensive. Something like this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/HIS-H435F512EP-Radeon-Profile-Retail/dp/B002EL4PHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1247242165&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: HIS H435F512EP Radeon HD 4350 HDMI Dual Link DVI?@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41lsjt4qqLL.@@AMEPARAM@@41lsjt4qqLL[/ame]

But the gaming performance of the 4350 isnt much to write home about. And at $160 for the board unless you've got some personal attachment to the computer you'd probably be better off getting a new one.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
nah, im looking at different parts, Im gonna build one. the Mobo is a micro btx platfore, so cant be replaced easily. It was a cheap HP i got from radioshack when i worked there, 300+tax including discount for being an employee. AMD 64x2 5400, 4GB ram, 500GB Hdd, I couldnt say no. And im trying to find a link to it, but failing, i replaced the Onboard graphics with a galaxy Geforce 8500GT 1x. I honestly dont know if the card supports hdcp.

cfb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 10, 2009
California
The directv2pc advisor will tell you if it and your screen as configured support hdcp.

I've always liked building my own, but dang...some of the box builders are putting out some sweet setups for a good price. I've seen some dell and hp quad cores with good specs and a respectable graphics card selling for <$500, and dual core laptops with smoking graphics, hdmi and a blu-ray drive for 650-699.

Shoot, you can get slimline dells or their hybrid studios with hdmi/hdcp output and either a dvd or blu-ray drive in them for $300-500. Nice little htpc.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
yea thats why i bought my slim hp, this was before i started gaming, hardware pricing was right compared to building it myself.

and btw

Do I need to upgrade my display device in order to play DTCP-IP content on my computer? In most cases, you can still connect the regular display through a D-sub/VGA connector and play DTCP-IP content with an analog output. However, to enjoy the high-definition video quality provided by DTCP-IP content, we recommend that you connect your graphic card to an HDCP-compliant display through a DVI or HDMI connection. To play DTCP-IP content on a computer through a digital DVI or HDMI interface, the following 3 criteria need to be satisfied:

• Graphics card is HDCP-compliant. Please contact your graphics card manufacturer for more information
  • Graphics card driver supports HDCP. Please contact your graphics card manufacturer for more information
  • Display deivce is HDCP ready. Please contact your display device manufacturer for more information.
Note: Some DTCP-IP content may require a digital output instead of analog. In this case, the digital output requirements listed above must be satisfied in order to play those titles.

Now this graphics card that i have is somehow impossible to research anymore, im trying to figure out if it will work or not.

tbrooks

Jun 20, 2011
Fl
i have tried to download the advisor and the upgrade for the directv2pc. all i get is a page...ooops cannot be found.
I clicked on the highlighted links but nothing is found
Please help

Last edited:

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
This is an old thread for a beta version that is long retired so to speak.

You can download the current version here:

DIRECTV: DIRECTV2PC

Provide your email so you can receive the activation key when you start the download.

tbrooks

Jun 20, 2011
Fl
Ok thank you.
I downloaded a month ago on a new laptop and it doesn't work but, thanks anyway. I can watch sd content but, not hd.
Dell xps L702x
Intel core i7
4 cores
Intel HD graphics family
Geforce 550
Not sure if that is info for anymore help
Directv2pc works fine on an 11z... Go figure!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts