Software Version Numbering on C61K?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jborchel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
In following a thread on an issue with 24P being displayed on athletic events on 104 I noticed that the posters were on Version 0x1624. That thread was two years old. I looked at my current version updated in August and it is 0x1582. I'm 41 versions to the negative. What's happening here? Does DTV go in the negative direction in their software revisions. DTV agent offered to send out tech to update the receiver but I turned her down as I suspect that's not the issue.

In following a thread on an issue with 24P being displayed on athletic events on 104 I noticed that the posters were on Version 0x1624. That thread was two years old. I looked at my current version updated in August and it is 0x1582. I'm 41 versions to the negative. What's happening here? Does DTV go in the negative direction in their software revisions. DTV agent offered to send out tech to update the receiver but I turned her down as I suspect that's not the issue.
What Receiver and or Client ?
They all have different software on them ....
It was probably not going backwards but an older recvr.

0x1582 IS the current software on most of the Clients at the moment.
Clients don't get updated as often as Genies (typically)

"0x1200 Software C61K update is-YET AGAIN-FORCING 24fps for 4K Sports on 105 & 106"​

was the thread title. At the end of the last page this was the post:

"The problem was fixed already with 0x1264 software update. Chiefs vs Broncos on 105 is working very good right now at 4k 60p".

I didn't read Page 2 to see if they switched devices from the C61K I have to a different device. So I just read Page 2. This is the only post that mentions a device:

"My C61K is now updated to 0x1263 but there is ZERO improvement regarding this specific issue."

That's all I have to go on. Here is a link to the discussion:

Sun, Sep 22, 2019-That the date of the post ---Long time ago and we are now many versions along the road --Nothing to see

"0x1200 Software C61K update is-YET AGAIN-FORCING 24fps for 4K Sports on 105 & 106"​

was the thread title. At the end of the last page this was the post:

"The problem was fixed already with 0x1264 software update. Chiefs vs Broncos on 105 is working very good right now at 4k 60p".

I didn't read Page 2 to see if they switched devices from the C61K I have to a different device. So I just read Page 2. This is the only post that mentions a device:

"My C61K is now updated to 0x1263 but there is ZERO improvement regarding this specific issue."

That's all I have to go on. Here is a link to the discussion:

Sorry, I got into the post and forgot the thread title.
That said, you are on the most current software at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)