DirecTV2PC Beta Version 5514 Information

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was told that I expired the amount of times I can use my serial number, so it no longer works. I had to reformat my laptop, so I guess I can't use Directv2PC any more?

Give it a different email than the one you've been using. Have a hotmail or gmail account? Make up another one just for this one usage. You can get two s#'s per email account.

My ISP allows me to make any number of email accounts, so I made one for each computer for directv2pc and got a serial number for it. Now when I want to know what the s# is for subsequent installs, I just log into the email account associated with that computer and voila...the only mail message in the inbox is the direct2pc one with its serial number.

Its dopey to do it this way, but IIRC the problem is that the directv2pc product includes an mpeg2 decoder, and distributing one of those requires royalties and reporting or some such lawyerly software nonsense, so they cant just hand it out. It needs to be activated and serialized to be on the up and up.

Unable to view content from my DVR

I have a Dell XPS Dimensions 630I with a GForce 8800 GT card running windows XP 3 service pack and using a Samsung Syncmaster 2343BWX monitor. My computer passes all of the hardware requirements for Directv2PC playback. I am using the Beta 5514. I also have the HDDVR hardwired into my network.

I can connect to my DVR with no problems; choose the show I want to view and it will load it up with no problems. However I do have a problem with the video playback. For lack of a better word it looks strange. The video streaming is very fluid but is showing colorful squares all over the shows I am trying to watch. On the top half of the screen you can see some of the programming but again, there are also these large colorful "pixel squares" all over the picture that moves around with the movement on the video. The bottom half of the video looks as if it has been stretched/pulled to the bottom of the screen like columns. Of note, the sound is fine as well, just the video is the issue. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

South HSP's

How is the HD Directv image quality in US?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)