DIRECTV2PC Driver failure in Advisor test

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Viventis

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
Hickory, NC
I am trying to install the DTV2PC application on my pc (I have 2 HR-24's and the whole house DVR). When I run the Advisor program (which you must pass to get the unlock key) I get a red error on the driver test. I have an ATI 5870 with the latest official (11.2) drivers installed. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64.

Does anyone have a clue why my driver fails the Advisor test?

You may actually need to try the driver or two just previous; sometime the latest isn't always the best. Its worth a try. I run that same series of ATI display adapter and I am running a bit behind on driver sets; I think mine is the the NOV 2010 release and no issues with DirecTV2PC. I am also on WIN 7 64-bit

It could also be your monitor, not your driver. If your monitor is not HDCP compliant, the software gives you the same driver error test

What's your setup? Mine met all the requirements, but in doing a little research I found that with dual-monitors in mirrored mode wasn't supported. When I changed it to either one monitor or extension mode it worked fine.

My setup is pretty basic. I only have the one Samsung monitor hooked through DVI to my ATI 5870. The latest driver has some new twists from ATI, and it works great with the games we play. I am not sure I want to go back to an older set, but I will probably experiment just to see if it will work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts