Directv2pc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have access to a kick butt iMac! Which of course, is yet another computer that won't do directv2pc regardless of OS running on it. Not in a VM and not as a booted OS.

Everything about the performance issues with this software that I've read points back to the same thing. It was written and tested on some geek developer's kick butt gaming box... :) Seriously, someone made some serious mistakes in how they approached writing this software imo. Somehow they've managed to take something like video/audio streaming and make it way more complicated to deal with than it has to be. That is my firm opinion. Intel graphics are all over the place and probably make up the bulk of the laptop/desktop market, and that is true because that is all most things need.

Seriously, someone made some serious mistakes in how they approached writing this software imo. Somehow they've managed to take something like video/audio streaming and make it way more complicated to deal with than it has to be. That is my firm opinion.
Did you ever, even for a moment, stop and think that this may be because that's what is required?

Doing decryption in software is can be very CPU intensive. Many of these newer devices have flexible hardware decryption built in. The world does not revolve around CPU power and even the most powerful CPU is going to breathe hard doing some decoding and decryption tasks that hardware can do without blinking.

Did you ever, even for a moment, stop and think that this may be because that's what is required?

Doing decryption in software is can be very CPU intensive. Many of these newer devices have flexible hardware decryption built in. The world does not revolve around CPU power and even the most powerful CPU is going to breathe hard doing some decoding and decryption tasks that hardware can do without blinking.

Sure, I thought about that. Then I thought about all the other video software out there that runs just hunky dory on both my iMac (in OSX and w/VMWare and Windows 7), and on this Acer Aspire i3 @2.4Ghz and Intel graphics. And if all those other developers can make it all work fine, then either D* is being really horsey with what they are doing to protect their video or the developer just doesn't get efficient programming.

This literally is the only software that hasn't just worked nearly flawless on both my systems.

Sure, I thought about that. Then I thought about all the other video software out there that runs just hunky dory on both my iMac (in OSX and w/VMWare and Windows 7), and on this Acer Aspire i3 @2.4Ghz and Intel graphics.
Does any of that content include DTCP encrypted content?

It is folly to assume that all things are equal when it comes to DRM protected content.

some includes DRM, some doesn't. Bottom line is all of them work fine on 2 systems that directv2pc won't. So my folly is that all the other video developers can write software that works on my systems and whoever does it for D* can't.

Now all of that said, it is mostly 'cause I just happened to check that I found this out. I don't use it, and most likely wouldn't use it as I have much better ways of getting good TV video with software that does work and I can share it also. Between MedialMall's Playlater and my HTPC, I don't need to stream from D*.

Has anyone had any experience with the Quadro 1000M GPU on a Lenovo laptop and Directv2PC? I just get a green screen when I try to play from my DVR; I get sound, but no picture. The "playback advisor" has flagged my graphics card driver 8.15.10.2321 as not compatible and also that I don't have screen capture protection. My laptop is less than a week old, has a core i7 with 8 GB of RAM with a 2 GB graphics card, so I would've thought it could handle something like this. Any thoughts or am I s.o.l.? Thanks.

I too recently bought a new computer and have the green screen issue, I checked around and it seems to be a common occurrence on newer computers..,

Any ideas?

Did you run the DIRECT2PC Advisor application??? It offers several insights as to why a computer may not qualify for DIRECTV2PC.

I just downloaded Directv2pc. The picture is AWESOME and playback is smooth but I do have a high end gaming PC. My problem is the menu is taking up the bottom 1/4 of the screen, completely unacceptable. Is there a way to get it off my screen so I can watch the entire screen?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)