Direcway Dish for Directv only

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Poonzilla

Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
Newbie here so please excuse me if this has already been asked.....

I've read some of the threads about upgrading a direcway dish for dtv reception. I currently have no interest in satellite internet. However on some other sites I've read about using the direcway dish for increased signal strength and less rain fade.
I live in Decatur Illinois (62526) and since I wouldn't have to worry about which internet satellite to point at what would be the best positioning and what kits would I need for Directv only?

-Eric

Also,

I'm not opposed to using a other brand dish if there is one that would be better suited to my purposes. (i.e. superdish, primestar, etc....)

-Eric

If you need a phase-III dish for your locals and you wanted to do this how can you get the 3 LNBs to work?

Hi Jason!

I read that they make upgrade kits for the Dway which allows you to mount the extra LNB's....
However, I just read a thread where they were talking about the "Channel Master Gainmaster" for the eliptical dish.
It's dimensions are aprox 24x36, it's a direct upgrade for the Triple LNB directv unit and it's claimed that it gains around 65% on signal strength.
I think I'm gonna go that route. May be cheaper in the long run as well....

-Eric

I use a few DirecPC dish with the single DirecTV LNB to the side, they work great but if you need the Phase III 3 LNB type Dish the Channel Master (Gain Master)is the way to go! If you are only pointing at the main 101w DirecTV this dish will work, or even better a 30" dish with a DirecTV LNB would really help with rain fade.

Attachments

• Pict0010.JPG
    Pict0010.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 249
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts