Direcway dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stoner2399

Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
Hi all I have a direcway dish will this dish and lnb work for Ku band FTA or do I need to get a new lnb also I would like to know what my true south sat is my zip code is 83501 if that helps
thanks

yes it will work just fine. If there is a transmitter on the arm of the dish, you need to bypass it.

True south for 83501 is Satmex5 (you are at 116.9 longitude and its at 116.8)

Well Hello Fellow Idaho FTA'er LOL

Hello, I see by the zip you are in lewiston. I'm clear down by pocatello.

Later,

Josh

Yes direcway dish /lnbf will work for fta ku. A little undersized, but it will work
pretty well. I have one, and it is a pain to aim but once aimed it stays there.
I put mine on a pole for awhile just to try it out on G10 but found an old primestar works much better. For your true south and setup>
Satellite Look Angles Satellite Heading Calculator Azimuth Elevation Skew Tilt LNBF Latitude and Longitude values
Try above link for the sat calculator, pick a sat, and a city near you, it will give you the angles for a fixed dish install.

Hey thanks for all the great info I kind new to all this going to try to hook up by pansat 2700 to the G10r I hear there is alot of older tv shows on that one
BTW how do I bypass the transmitter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)