Dirt please Help 1254 error for weeks

djess

Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
I have a 1254 error[internet not available in your area] that has been there going on almost six weeks now. I have 2 original hoppers and a joey,Every time I call by the time I get up the ladder to someone who understands I get the same answer they are working on it.They pushed new software s418 made it worse. Now when you hit on demand or blockbuster it goes right back to live tv hit again and 1254 error comes up. Told tech support I have 5 kids who watch streaming content constantly was told to buy them an ipad and let them watch from dish online???Gee Thanks. Getting really frustrated that essentially only half my hoppers functions work.
Please Help
Thanks
Doug

Sounds like your ip address is coming back as one outside of the continental US. I'd ask dirt to help but I'd probably have my external ip address ready to give them and probably my ISP info as well. I saw another report of this error somewhere else online a while back.

1254 error

I replaced my 722 with a hopper( with Sling) and a joey. i have the same problem with a Error 1254. My network passes all the tests but I can't access Blockbuster at Home or On-demand .I have a Time Warner cable modem, so bandwidth is not a problem.

Either way, I doubt it's on your side. If I had to take wild guess, that ip address is recognized on the dish side as outside the US and maybe they need to update their database to include your IP and anyone else in the same range from your provider. I would definitely pass your info to Dirt and have them escalate this. Others reported this a while back and I believe it was fixed pretty quickly after the reports were sent.

dirt please help 1254 error for weeks

I fired up the Hopper to write down the information so I could PM a Dirt member to help resolve the problem. Anyhow, I happen to check Blockbuster and On-Demand and both are working now. It was a little quirky at first, but after a power down reset, they seems to be functioning normally.

I managed to download the great oz. However, when ever I try to filter the Block buster results it starts acting weird. Now all I have is My rentals ( the great oz) and the midnight lounge logo. However, there are no titles under the midnight lounge. Also On demand doesn't work.On Joey i get the 1254 error I have to reset the Hopper to restore blockbuster home. So Dish appears to have fixed some of this. Strange

No not really. Even when I start just browsing around eventually everything quits working and I'm back to the 1254 error. I think searching just makes it happen quicker. At the moment I guess wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Dirt please help 1254 error for weeks

Checked Blockbuster and On -demand this morning and so far everything is good. No crashes during searches or browsing. Crossing my fingers that they have it solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)