DIRT Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nah. You just need a two digit red LED counter on the front of the H3 to display the number of recordings in progress.;)

If we are going to get crazy (and clearly we are), then how about an OLED display. The user could chose the color scheme he/she want (hopefully one of them is all back, background and foreground), and it could indicate how many recordings are in process, how many are expected to start in the next ten minutes, how many Joeys are viewing right now, and if a Sling connection is in use.

I used to really want a Tivo Series 3 for the front panel display:
View attachment 139087
32065631-2-440-overview-1.gif
I have two, and the display is absolutely used by me and I wish ALL DVR's had something like this. The info is priceless when the TV is off and I notice a recording in progress. At times it is recording I already have or have seen (I need to have 6 seperate timers for one show--becaue it can get interrupted by live news, so I have subsequent repeats airing set to record) or to confirm that a particualr show is, indeed recording. Dish DVR's have missed recording or record the same episode needlessly, etc., but at least with the TiVo Series 3, I have not missed a recording--if I am at home to see the display, but even that makes a big difference. Also, stupid H3 won't record even if I command it for a program in progress that was tuned to after the show started--and the H3 has the nerver to state that "Recording already . . ." when, in fact, NO RECORDING IS TAKING PLACE. PITA.

Reactions: ncted
Just an update.

Things are still being worked on, lots of emails have been going back and forth. The folks that are there now did not know how DIRT use to operate so they are learning now. They had some concerns which were valid, but I offered them very simple solutions which they can work with.

I am working hard on this for you guys and the only thing I get out of it is being able to give you better DISH support, like you were use to before they dismantled DIRT as we knew it.

I will keep fighting for this, you have my word on it. :)

Stay tuned!

Just an update.

Things are still being worked on, lots of emails have been going back and forth. The folks that are there now did not know how DIRT use to operate so they are learning now. They had some concerns which were valid, but I offered them very simple solutions which they can work with.

I am working hard on this for you guys and the only thing I get out of it is being able to give you better DISH support, like you were use to before they dismantled DIRT as we knew it.

I will keep fighting for this, you have my word on it. :)

Stay tuned!

FOUR MORE YEARS FOUR MORE YEARS FOUR MORE YEARS

I wonder if an app, maybe with the hub, would tell you “recording on XYZ network is now in progress.” Might be a good idea, since the nice simple recording in progress light is going away.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I wonder if an app, maybe with the hub, would tell you “recording on XYZ network is now in progress.” Might be a good idea, since the nice simple recording in progress light is going away.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
that still sounds like extra steps.

Nothing can beat just glancing the direction of the DVR and if you see the red led you know something (doesn't matter what) is recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)