disabling a receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
I know I have made a thread on this before, but I can't find it. Just want to reconfirm something:
I have an SD receiver in a room and I would like to disable it and save the $5 mirroring fee. I just want to know if they'll let me do this and keep the receiver to turn back on whenever I need it.

I know I have made a thread on this before, but I can't find it. Just want to reconfirm something:
I have an SD receiver in a room and I would like to disable it and save the $5 mirroring fee. I just want to know if they'll let me do this and keep the receiver to turn back on whenever I need it.

Do you own it or is it a lease? They normally want the leases back.

Yes you can deactivate and store it for future use. You need to be clear with them, when calling ask for equipment, then a rep. State you want to deactivate a receiver but want to keep it for future use, give them a time frame you might hook it back up. Also make sure they do not send a recovery kit...clarify with them on that also.

Like sparky said, when you call to deactivate, make sure they understand your wishes and GET IT IN WRITING! (like an email) that you want to hold onto it for a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts