Disappearing OTA Channel from HR34 Guide (AM21N)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JD Hogg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
SoCal
I have an HR34 + AM21N setup. While I do get the main Los Angeles locals through DTV, I'm using the AM21N to get the "sub channels" only offered through OTA.

My question is that there's 1 channel (This, 5.3) that keeps disappearing from the guide even though it is marked/checked in my channel list.

It temporarily reappears in the guide when I go to my channels list menu....but a few hours later, that particular channel is gone from the guide again. It's ONLY happening with that 1 channel ONLY.

*This is also reflected on one of my C31 clients as well (separate channel list from HR34) with that SAME channel as well.*

I can manually tune to that channel via direct remote selection though, but does anyone know WHY it's not showing up in the guide and if there is a FIX for this annoyance?

Thanks.

Its a glitch in the HR34 receiver's firmware. I sometimes have this problem. The temporary solution is to edit your channel list, first delete the problem channel, exit, then edit your list again and re-add it.

The HR34 is the first DirecTV receiver to use an AM21 or AM21N that does not rely on the prebuilt channel map from DirecTV, in other words it WILL allow you to tune a subchannel even if it is not in DirecTV's channel map/guide data stream.

John

I know when I reboot the HR34 any OTA channels that are "scanned" in disappear for some reason. I have 4 that do that. These are channels not in the database (so they show "regular programming" in the guide)

What I do is this
manually put in the channel (in my case 5-3, 5-6, 23-3 or 29-3)
then hit info to bring up the bar on the top of the screen
arrow to favorites
down to "remove from ______" (if you have a favorite)
hit select to "remove it"
then go back to "add to ______"
hit select

that seems ot work for me until I have to reboot the HR34

Thanks for the tip. This is much faster than the method I was using via Settings > Favorites.

And yes I noticed that particular channel shows "regular programming" in the guide menu.....so this might indeed be a bug/glitch w/ the HR34 + AM21N.

I know when I reboot the HR34 any OTA channels that are "scanned" in disappear for some reason. I have 4 that do that. These are channels not in the database (so they show "regular programming" in the guide)

What I do is this
manually put in the channel (in my case 5-3, 5-6, 23-3 or 29-3)
then hit info to bring up the bar on the top of the screen
arrow to favorites
down to "remove from ______" (if you have a favorite)
hit select to "remove it"
then go back to "add to ______"
hit select

that seems ot work for me until I have to reboot the HR34

yup its a bug....

The favorite add I never got it to work after a reboot. The only way was what I posted above

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)