RSN (Sports Pack) "Black-out" Question for NBA Games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JD Hogg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2012
SoCal
I currently have NBA League Pass + Sports Pack from DTV and I've recently noticed that NBA games are *not* being blacked-out on the RSN channels.

Is this because I have a NBA LP subscription on my account that disables the black-out restrictions on the RSN channels - or is it an error/glitch on DTV's part?

Yes,

The league pass pays for all of the sports for that particular league from RSN feeds. The league pass channels just carry the all of the live games from the RSN channels. If there was NHL games and you didn't pay for the NHL league Pass (Center Ice) then all NHL games from the RSN's would be blacked out except for games that are considered in Market, example where I live I qualify for all Buffalo Sabres, NY Rangers, NY Islanders, and New Jersey Devils games. This is an extreme example. Most DirecTV subscribers only get one or maybe two teams considered to be in market per league.

I currently have NBA League Pass + Sports Pack from DTV and I've recently noticed that NBA games are *not* being blacked-out on the RSN channels.

Is this because I have a NBA LP subscription on my account that disables the black-out restrictions on the RSN channels - or is it an error/glitch on DTV's part?

yes on the bold.
I know during freeviews they do that too even if you dont have the sports pack. Makes it nice as it would record 2 1/2 hours (on the RSN channel) versus 6 hours on the NBA LP channel. Only drawback of recording on the RSN is once game is over you get the blackout screen (if you dont sub to sports pack)

yes on the bold.
I know during freeviews they do that too even if you dont have the sports pack. Makes it nice as it would record 2 1/2 hours (on the RSN channel) versus 6 hours on the NBA LP channel. Only drawback of recording on the RSN is once game is over you get the blackout screen (if you dont sub to sports pack)

Yeah that's what I always do. If I have like 5 games recording at once for 6 hours it can really start to hog some space.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts