Disconnect Questions

twodutys

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Brighton, Co
Can someone give me some advise on disconnecting. I'm leasing the equipment and don't have a ladder tall enough to reach the dish. Will they send someone out to take down? Also should I cancel my credit card before I call?

riffjim4069 said:
Just out curiosity, what is the official de-install policy? It seem to me that everything (STB, remote, dish, antenna, cables) other than the RG-6 would be taken and returned to VOOM.

I hope not on the dish unless they send someone to get it off the roof.

They send the tech out to pickup the receiver and remote. you get to keep everything else.

n0qcu said:
They send the tech out to pickup the receiver and remote. you get to keep everything else.

I even got to keep the remote! Tech said he had 50 in his garage. I kept batteries (o: Mast they left for the OTA was handy when i had to get a new OTA.

Voom has the right to take everything that they provided, including the dish and the OTA antenna, though in most cases they will take just the STB.

I am in the process of trying to obtain a final invoice and a disconnect. A CSR said today that there would be no charge for a disconnect, after I specifically asked this question. However, they apparently will not disconnect until they receive the final payment. I am hoping that they do not continue to charge rent, because I have been asking for a final reconcilation now for two weeks.

I am switching to Dish Network. When I started with Voom they were not charging my credit card. It seems that because my middle initial was on the credit card and I was registered with Voom with just my first and last name the charges did not go through. By the time I fixed the problem I owned them over $400.00, they never contacted me at all, one would think they would have done so with me owning them that much money. Only by checking my CC bill did I become aware that I was not being billed. After the situation was rectified, I was billed twice so Voom now owes me over $400.00. Now that I am canceling I don't how difficult it will be to get my card charged back?

lsh1885 said:
I am switching to Dish Network. When I started with Voom they were not charging my credit card. It seems that because my middle initial was on the credit card and I was registered with Voom with just my first and last name the charges did not go through. By the time I fixed the problem I owned them over $400.00, they never contacted me at all, one would think they would have done so with me owning them that much money. Only by checking my CC bill did I become aware that I was not being billed. After the situation was rectified, I was billed twice so Voom now owes me over $400.00. Now that I am canceling I don't how difficult it will be to get my card charged back?

Wow that s_cks I can't even imagine going thru that. V* has a good product but their accounting is so bad that I am proubly going to take D* offer to keep me and drop V*. I've been running D* just for SD but I think I will give them my HD as soon as I can figure out a safe way to disconnect (if there is a safe way). Its stories like yours, Tri-maniac, and others that have left a uncomfortable feeling about saying with V* no matter how good the product is.

twodutys said:
as I can figure out a safe way to disconnect (if there is a safe way).

You just got give Voom some credit. They have actually instilled so much fear in people, that a customer's hand trembles when picking up the phone to cancel!! I bet there are hundreds of people out there who want to cancel Voom but are too worried about what might happen when they do.

Voom: Give your marketing manager a raise!

It seems earlier this year, VOOM was promoting that you rented the STB and dish, and they gave you the antenna free. I had a friend who uninstalled a few months ago, and they took the STB and dish. Probably now that the 18" dish is obsolete, they don't really care about it. They left the mount since he was getting D* and the installer was glad not to have to patch the roof.

I was told VOOM will charge up to the day the equipment is picked up, but then will credit back for the time between cancellation and equipment pickup.

more disconnect problems

OK the latest chapter.

Quick synopsis:
VOOM would not let me pay by check. Insists on CC. I refuse CC because it took 4 months to get refund on charter box, and they billed original CC without authorization. AMEX reversed the charges, VOOM did not dispute. VOOM promises to send bill, never does. VOOM disconnects service.

Latest:
After I find out on this forum where to send a check, I send in the amount owed shown on my account. Scheduled for next week is the disconnect of the box.

The new BAD news:
Tonight VOOM turns the service back on and a bill for $95.44 shows up on my account!

I call the CSR, request again the disconnect, and she is unable to do it! Also she cannot reverse the charge! She says in within 72 hours someone will call me. She will not send an email, fax, letter nor any other form of acknowledgement of my request for disconnect.

THE SAGA CONTINUES. PLEASE LET ME OUT OF THIS.

I just cancelled myself, I expect Hell.

And if Hell does ensue, I will not return to Voom ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts