Disconnect Questions

Voom deinstalled me still, according to them at least, oweing 477 dollars.

I never did receive a call back from them regarding my dispute and I doubt I'll ever hear a word from them again.

They obviously have no mechanism to collect funds and if they do I'll have a field day with them.

They deinstalled mine, the same idiot that poored water on my dish showed up at 8am Saturday, I handed them the STB and remote, which he promptly dropped on the floor of the garage and I signed a paper stating I returned all the equipment in good order and the account was closed.

Then of course, 2 days later, Voom DID call me, to schedule a pickup of my equipment.

They left the dish and the antenna, I told them to, either that or bring out a certified builder to properly repair the holes in the roof. E* used the same mount and just put their dish up and used the OTA Antenna.

My card is already cancelled. I have records of everything, they will never see a single dime out of me ever. Its no wonder they will go under.

I'd be more amazed than anything. Besides all the BS the wife and I sat down and checked our viewing habits. We watch a few things on TV, all of them happen to be OTA or on HBO HD,Comedy Central, Sci Fi, and Showtime HD. So what really is the point of having Voom?

Its nice to look at and everyonce in a while we catch something on the Cinema 10 stuff when we have time, is it worth 95 per month? Well, if Voom just existed in our house and didn't cause us any grief 95 per month would happily have gone on my CC for quite a while.

But add in all the crap and its just not worth it. Other services give us what we watch at a cheaper price, not a reason in itself to switch, but if its less $'s and less hassle then it makes sense.

I do however hope that potential Voom customers read these threads and decide not to go with Voom. Companies will never change unless the customer voices their concerns. If the boards like this become more of a force in customer satisfaction and quality our complaints WILL be heard, or they'll end up like Voom.

I am a strong believer in customer service and customer rights. We've all become too compliant in what we expect for our money. If we don't change the way a company thinks about the average consumer then we'll just keep sinking farther and farther.

I'd love to send all of these threads to Voom/Cablevisions management, make them "pay" for their actions. Not only losing one customer but take some with you, if they realize the consumer has that kind of power they will stock screwing us over every chance they get.

They will get away with whatever they can, take away that ability to get away with things and everything will improve.

I've explained to managers at Voom my issues, they are real, they make perfect common sense and nothing I've said is out of reason...but they keep towing the company line like some robot, if I can impact their wallet I will.

Some might call that wrong, but at the end of the day, the wife and I get what we pay for, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. In Voom's case this wasn't true, but then again we didn't pay for much, if anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts