Discounted Starz

ilfoman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
North
I saw the tail end of a commercial for Starz but didn't catch the details. Is there a half price deal? Nothing on the Dish website.

As dvrexpander said, there currently aren't any specific deals on Starz. You can check the 'My Offers' page on our website to see what deals are available that you can add yourself though.

That's what I thought, deadlocked. So why is the DIRT member saying there's no deal? He should know! Anyone tried to get this deal?

There is a current $5 off for 6 months deal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you know as a fact DISH at this moment has a $5 off deal? Or do you assume DISH is participating and DIRT is wrong?
Starz has a $25 off promotion if you subscribe for at least three months, obtained directly from Starz. Ends this year as mentioned.

There is a $5 off for 6 month deal for Starz if you currently have Starz. When you try to cancel Starz on mydish.com, you get a pop-up with the offer. This also works with any of the other premiums if you already have them.

So you know as a fact DISH at this moment has a $5 off deal? Or do you assume DISH is participating and DIRT is wrong?
Starz has a $25 off promotion if you subscribe for at least three months, obtained directly from Starz. Ends this year as mentioned.

Dish has aired a commercial for it AND they mentioned it on the blockbuster studio Black Sails red carpet special on 102. I'm 200% sure on this one xD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a $5 off for 6 month deal for Starz if you currently have Starz. When you try to cancel Starz on mydish.com, you get a pop-up with the offer. This also works with any of the other premiums if you already have them.

That's where the conflict is. I don't see where there is a $5 discount for new subscriber to it.

(I see where they talk about a 2nd premium and you save $5)

Last edited:
That's where the conflict is. I don't see where there is a $5 discount for new subscriber to it.

(I see where they talk about a 2nd premium and you save $5)

No conflict whatsoever. The $5 off 6 deal is an attempt to retain current subscribers. The $5 discount on 2 is a campaign to entice new subscribers. If you want the retention deal, subscribe to Starz, keep it for a minimum amount of time (probably 30 days), and then use mydish to cancel. If the deal is still active you'll get it. If not, you're only out 13 bucks and you got to watch Starz for 30 days.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts