Discovery Plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DirecTV keeps figuring out new, creative ways to keep raising our monthly bills. How considerate they are!

God forbid they add some free ad-supported channels that Dish gives liberally to its customers.

These new channels are going to cost you $4.99 a month. They are the Discovery Plus streaming channels.

What exactly does this have to do with Directv? It's a separate streaming service.
Well , these same channels have been regular channels I’ve been getting for years on Satellite. They are taking them and making a streaming bundle out of them. My concern is what will be left for Satellite TV. My concern is that they will take away the HD channels that Discovery own for this streaming bundle and leave the SD channels for satellite. They did this with MSNBC. It use to be also in HD but the moved the MSMBC HD to streaming and left the SD on satellite. That is my concern. If they do this , then I’m gone from here

Well , these same channels have been regular channels I’ve been getting for years on Satellite. They are taking them and making a streaming bundle out of them. My concern is what will be left for Satellite TV. My concern is that they will take away the HD channels that Discovery own for this streaming bundle and leave the SD channels for satellite. They did this with MSNBC. It use to be also in HD but the moved the MSMBC HD to streaming and left the SD on satellite. That is my concern. If they do this , then I’m gone from here
Again, nothing to do with Directv and MSNBC is most certainly in HD on channel 356. Those networks are not exclusive to anyone and this is just an additional distribution method.

Reactions: Jimbo
356 is the SD. HD is moved to streaming on 1356. Check it out
The Guide says HD on 356.
When you go to 1356, thats the On Demand channel, that has nothing to do with HD or SD.

My TV says its 1080i on channel 356 as well as 1356 ...
That said, just because its on an HD channel, doesn't mean Everything is shot in HD.
That has Nothing to do with D*, thats on what they decided to film the show in ...

Jillian, are you confusing HD and 4k by chance ?

QUESTION; are these Discovery + channels disappearing from the DirecTV line-up, or is it simply a separate service for those who have already cut-the-cord?

My wife is a regular on most of those.

QUESTION; are these Discovery + channels disappearing from the DirecTV line-up, or is it simply a separate service for those who have already cut-the-cord?

My wife is a regular on most of those.
It is a separate service that will have no impact on your Directv lineup, at least short term anyway.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts