Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Hey guys, I'm looking to do some upgrades/additions this summer and I and thinking of going with a 8x1 diseqc, but for that, I'm really thinking I'll want to use real 1.1, not 1.2 motor setups for the 8x1.

So, what receivers have you guys used that you know to work with Diseqc 1.1?

So far, from what I have gathered:
Coolsat 4/5/6K's
Fortec Merc II
Maybe the sonicview 8000?

Edit:
I think I read the visionsat is also 1.1 capable

Edit:
Sorry, posted this originally from my Mogul. I'm looking at a Digiwave 8x1 uncommitted switch which I don't think will even work with 1.2 commands, but might have to settle for a 8x1 that works with 1.2 commands, but maybe give up the uncommitted option.

Feel free to correct me on that last part if I have it backwards.

Last edited:
yes the Visionsat is 1.1 compatible

I'm looking at a Digiwave 8x1 uncommitted switch which I don't think will even work with 1.2 commands, but might have to settle for a 8x1 that works with 1.2 commands, but maybe give up the uncommitted option.
if the switch is UNCOMMITTED (as the digiwave is), then the box MUST support 1.1....1.2 isnt even an option. Only port 1 would work..If its uncommitted/committed (like the Emp-Centauri switches) than it will work with a receiver that is Diseqc 1.2 compatible (setting up the motor options)

yes the Visionsat is 1.1 compatible

if the switch is UNCOMMITTED (as the digiwave is), then the box MUST support 1.1....1.2 isnt even an option. Only port 1 would work..If its uncommitted/committed (like the Emp-Centauri switches) than it will work with a receiver that is Diseqc 1.2 compatible (setting up the motor options)

How do you use a switch like that? I've never heard of it. Might me a way for me to get more than 8 LNBF's :)

If your box does Diseqc 1.1, a uncommitted switch is the holy grail of switches. (IMO) :)

Setup in the diseqc menu (on the visionsat as example) shows Diseqc 1.0 & Diseqc 1.1
Diseqc 1.1 allows up to 16 ports (labeled 1-16) so as an example, AMC4 on my setup is Diseqc port 8

BUT it gets better

with an uncommitted switch, you can add a committed switch to the ports. This is the only way to use Diseqc switches in series.

I use to have 11 LNB's on the Visionsat and they were set up as such
1. SBS6
2. AMC3
3. IA6/G26
4. G10
5. IA5
6. AMC6
7-1 Dish 119
7-2 Dish 129
7-3 IA8
7-4 AMC5
8. AMC4

I had a 4x1 diseqc switch on the output of port 7 on the 8x1 switch. Set up was Diseqc 1.1 port 7 and Diseqc 1.0 port 1,2,3,4

couple threads on how ot set up (including some pics and really crappy drawings)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/115073-another-multi-switch-question.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/110067-digiwave-8x1-uncomitted-switch.html

I C.

My boxes do 1.2 but not 1.1. I guess 1.2 only refers to motor control though.

The 1.0 that it does must be the DiSEqC functions where I get my 1-4.

I have a Lifetime Ultra and Classic NA, and I have a Twinhan 1020a coming in the mail, but, I don't think it even does 1.1, so I would have to replace all of my equipment!

From one of the posts above, I thought you said there was some way to set an 8x1 switch up using 1.2 motor commands, which led me to believe that a 16x1 switch could be set up using the same motor commands.

But, even if that were possible, I would think that a 16x1 would be way expensive!

Iceberg. I saw those threads you metioned and that's what prompted me to try to find out what our users know is 1.1 compatible. They help alot, but I don't think many of us know what receivers are really 1.1 compatible. I konw some say they are (sonicview 8000), but we know we can't always trust what the specs say.

I have a Twinhan 1020a coming in the mail, but, I don't think it even does 1.1
The Twinhan is just a tuner card.

Think of the software to run it like an STB. With the right software, the Twinhan is capable of diseqc 1.1. :)

That's why the DVB cards are considered more flexible. The only gotcha is the amount of voltage required by your setup. The PC tuner cards are only capable of a limited amount of voltage. I had to switch out a couple of my Primestar LNBFs for more modern lower voltage LNBFs to make all mine work.

From one of the posts above, I thought you said there was some way to set an 8x1 switch up using 1.2 motor commands, which led me to believe that a 16x1 switch could be set up using the same motor commands.

But, even if that were possible, I would think that a 16x1 would be way expensive!

yep you could get 16 LNB's...just add 22k switches on each input of the 8x1 switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts