Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
OK..this really bugs me

I finally got all the cabling set up nicely on the T90 on Sunday. Have 7 duals on
74,79,85,89,93,97,103 and a single on 72

Hooked up all the cables to diseqc switches (4 of them)
74 on port 1
79 on port 2
85 on port 3
72 on port 4 (only need V on this one so its only on one switch)

3rd & 4th diseqc have
89 on port 1
93 on port 2
97 on port 3
103 on port 4

so common sence would be...hook diseqc 1 to 13v on 4x8 multiswitch, 2nd diseqc on 18v, 3rd on 13+22k and 4th+22k and it should work all snifty. All outputs should be able to see all polarities

NOPE..WRONG...NADA....NO signal on nothing :(
Diseqcs work fine directly

so I quickly (its cold and misting out) hook up 4 LNB's to 2 4x4 multiswitches and hook those outputs to a 2x1 diseqc....works like a champ. So now I have to redo the whole setup :(

Now why does it work one way and not the other??? Why does it work fine with the diseqc first then the 22k but not the other way around?

now you might think "well its the same amount of switches so it doesnt matter". Well sort of. Its 4 4x4 multiswitches or 4 4x1 diseqcs but the second batch of switches is 1 4x8 multiswitch or a diseqc for each reciever I want hooked ot the setup (max of 4).

Attachments

• setup.JPG
    setup.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 594
oh. It just shows how everything is hooked up and either works or doesn't :)

now the screwy part is why the reciever(s) can pass diseqc command, then 22k command but not the other way around. I tried the Fortec Classic, Ultra, Pansat 1500 and Pansat 5000...all do the same thing :(

Since diseqc commands are 22khz toneburst, this makes the 22khz switch "chatter" back and forth between on and off. So, the commands end up not getting fully passed through to the correct diseqc switch.

Since diseqc commands are 22khz toneburst, this makes the 22khz switch "chatter" back and forth between on and off. So, the commands end up not getting fully passed through to the correct diseqc switch.

so the only way to do it is put the diseqc first, then the 22k (receiver---switch----22k---lnb)?

so the only way to do it is put the diseqc first, then the 22k (receiver---switch----22k---lnb)?
That is my understanding, too, Ice. The 22khz switches have to be nearest the lnb , otherwise the Diseqc switches cannot have the "full attention" of the receiver. That being said, other forums have lead me to believe that some high quality ( read expensive) switches ( both Diseqc and 22khz) can work with either configuration. Spaun and Chieta come to mind as brands mentioned.
My feeling is to be conservative and allow the Diseqc to switch, before applying the continuous tone for the 22khz switch.

Brent

bummer. Guess I'll have to take out all the screws I put into the switches/board and redo everything :(

Those 4 4x1 switches with the ports all on the same side looks really nice. Now I have to mix & match some 4x4 multiswitches. some have inputs on top and outputs on bottom, some have inputs on bottom (or top depending on which way its mounted) and outputs on side...

thank goodness its gonna be somewhat nice out tomorrow

Think how proud you'll be when you get that monstrosity of yours to work, though . That's got to be some sort of incentive. It's awfully mild in Michigan right now, too. I'll be up on the roof saturday just looking over the motorized dish and connections for the last time 'til Spring . I'm retiring March 1, so from then on, I'll have time for more toys.

:)

I have also read that the Diseqc switch should be before the 22KHz switch when used inline.

I have a "Perfect Vision" 22KHz switch before my 4-way Diseqc switch and it works fine. But after thoughts made me edit this. My 22KHz is before my 4-way Diseqc, but I only used it to attach a 5th dish. So, although the 22KHz come first, the Receiver setting of 22KHz is "Off" going to 4-way. And "On" going to 5th dish. Not quite the same setup as going to two 4-ways.

Last edited:
pictures may be tough as my camera is on the fritz and the switches are underneath the table so I have to wait until its daylight out :)

This is sort of strange. I've finally decided to try a T90P dish. I've got my list ready to order from Sadoun. And don't know what I'm waiting on, and hey "What's This Thread"? After I read through it a couple of times, I scratch my head. Uh Oh! Better hold up a little longer? I was fixing to get this list:
1x Torodial T90P
10x KUL2 Standard Linear Dual ku 0.4db lnb
1x Perfectvision PVMS 5x8 Multiswitch (just for a trial start, to see how well it works)
2x Sadoun Diseqc Switch S-DS41C (already have 2)
4x Sadoun Combiner/Diplexer
10x WFH90 LNBF Holder
My intensions were/are to start with only the one multiswitch till I got the hang of it. I also was going to try what didn't work for you and I was going by this diagram from Sadoun:
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Multi-LNBF/4-receiver-8-lnbfs.htm
I was using the switch I chose because I want to employ an OTA antenna into the scheme. I guess now, I'll get four 4x4 Multiswitches instead and maybe run a separate coax for the OTA to each room. I guess I could get 4 extra Diplexers and still make the OTA work for each receiver. Well, I guess time will tell?

Al

Al
That setup wont work. Sadoun even admitted it that he needs to make some changes to the pictures. #7 & 8 will not work (I tried both)

If you want to do 4 recievers to 8 LNB's, you need 4 4x4 multiswitches and 4 Diseqc switches...see my pictureabove on the "what works" side

I have 4ea 4X8 multiswitches connected to cheap committed diseqc switches cascaded from Spaun SUR420f uncommitted diseqc switches. The Spaun switches also connect to two more 4X8 multiswitches. This setup allows for 12 fixed satellites. One of the feeds are also my sg2100.

Everything works except, the twinhan cards require specially modified diseqc switches.

Pretty sure that "hxxp://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Multi-LNBF/4-receiver-8-lnbfs.htm" drawing is incorrect.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)