DiSEqC Implementation for LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mohanaprakash

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
We are working on a DiSEqC implementation, where we are using STi7109 as a master in the board we are also having a LNB controller (LNBH23) . Bus supply is fed through LNBH23.In DiSEqC bus specification it is given that command 0X21 (Set VR)will set the LNB in vertical polarisation.

My doubt is to control the polarization of LNB only DiSEqC command is enough or i need to change the bus voltage(13v/18v) along with DiSEqC command.

I am not qualified, but LNBs do not respond to DiSEqC commands.
13v / 18v for Standard LNBs and 13v / 18v & 22KHz On / Off for Universal LNBs

Hi

Thanks for your reply

In EUTELSAT Bus Functional Specification Version 4.2 there is a separate command for following operation

Hex command command function
Value name

21 Set VR Select Vertical Polarisation
25 Set HL Select Horizontal Polarisation
20 Set Lo Select the Low Local Oscillator frequency
24 Set Hi Select the High Local Oscillator frequency

Hi

Thanks for you reply, but in EUTELSAT Bus Functional Specification Version 4.2 there are separate commands are available for doing LNB operation, for example

Hex.Byte Command Name Command Function
20 Set Lo Select the Low Local Oscillator frequency
21 Set VR Select Vertical Polarization
25 Set HL Select Horizontal Polarization
24 Set Hi Select the High Local Oscillator frequency

So if this command won't support means then i need to use the LNB controller to do the LNB related operations right.

The protocol is defined, but the LNBF or multi-switch must be designed to support the commands.

Standard or Universal "off the shelf" FSS LNBFs do not implement these specs.

DiseqC LNBF codes

I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it may put you on the right path or just help someone else.

To start receiving LNBF signals from the respective diseqc switch port you can use these commands in your software:

Committed lnb1 raw command E0 10 38 F0
Committed lnb2 raw command E0 10 38 F4
Committed lnb3 raw command E0 10 38 F8
Committed lnb4 raw command E0 10 38 FC

For example;

E0 10 38 F4 (receives signals from LNBF connected to diseqc port #2)

or

E0 10 38 F4 E0 10 38 F4 (will send the same comand twice)

Does anyone have the codes if you wanted to send the 22khz tone along with the 4 different LNBF codes (one at a time of course)?

Hi

In my case i am having only one LNB, so i don't need to select the switch and all right.

So i need to control the polarization and local oscillator frequency only, whether these things can be done using DiSEqC commands.

Also can you please to tell me some of the LNB which is having DiSEqC controller.

why the questions?

Are you designing a multi-LNB with built in switch, for some particular market?
Not sure about Europe, but in North America, FTA (this is the FTA portion of the forum...) deals with simple single LNBs.
They use external switches, either Legacy (13/18 volts, and 22khz), or run simple disecq commands (some very few are bandstacked).

Mostly, two-satellite LNBs, with built-in diseqc switches, are only deployed by the pay-TV providers.
Dish Network has some fancy and complicated LNB, which appear to have a built in diseqc switch.
In Europe, a cousin to these two-LNB-plus switch modules, might be called Monoblocks.

Other than for educational purposes, the discussion seems very theoretical.
I'm not aware of any such LNB (at least available to most of us forum members) which make use the modes discussed.
And the info is certainly not necessary to operate existing satellite receiver cards.

So, please enlighten us. ;)

Hi

In my project i am using DiSEqC1.2 protocol, where i am having only one LNB and motor to control position.

The LNB is universal LNB, my doubt is whether the DiSEqC command itself set the polarization in the LNB, or i need to change the volage level (13v\18v) or i need to do both.

The universal lnbs change polarity with 13 or 18 volts and select between high and low band with a 22kHz tone on or off. There may some that work different, but all the consumer ones in NA, Europe and Australia work like like this.

So, in NA only DP [Dish Pro] or DPP multi-feed LNBF controlling by DiSEqC and DTV switches WB68/WB616 for 72.5W/95W and thru BBC selecting Lo/Hi Ka IF.

Hi

If any one having the code for motor control and LNB control using DiSEqC 1.2 means please share it.

Motors? Now you have my interest!

If any one having the code for motor control and LNB control using DiSEqC 1.2 means please share it.
And if anyone knows some actual specs 'n facts about USALS commands to motors, I would be personally interested! :up
Also called incorrectly, diseqc 1.3...
Looking for what it takes in the motor to talk to a usals-compatible receiver.
I really do want to build such a motor!

Hi

i need to control a 16 port switch using DiSEqC whether these commands will enough to do that
Input
Number "Uncommitted Port Group"
command
1 E2 18 39 F0
2 E2 18 39 F1
3 E2 18 39 F2
4 E2 18 39 F3
5 E2 18 39 F4
6 E2 18 39 F5
7 E2 18 39 F6
8 E2 18 39 F7
9 E2 18 39 F8
10 E2 18 39 F9
11 E2 18 39 FA
12 E2 18 39 FB
13 E2 18 39 FC
14 E2 18 39 FD
15 E2 18 39 FE
16 E2 18 39 FF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)