Status
Please reply by conversation.

wvman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
N. Central WV
Over the weekend, I decided to tie two of my dishes together via a DiSEqC to see how well it worked. Bear in mind, that I only have 2 of the 4 dishes in intend to use in operation right now. Both of these dishes have dual output Titanium LNB's in them. I hooked one dish to port 1, and the second to port 2 on the switch. The receiver I'm using has 1.0, 1.1 and 22Khz tone settings. I tried all 4 ports on the 1.0 setting, and got nothing. I disabled it, and went to 1.1, which has several settings under this section, and I could get one or the other to work, but not both at the same time.

I also disabled the the 1.0 & 1.1 and tried the 22Khz tone, and still nothing, which is what I was expecting. I played with it for a while and never hit the right combination. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? This is an 8 port switch, if that makes a difference. I plan on adding more dishes in the future. Keep in mind, I installed BUD's for 30 years, but I'm relatively new at FTA, and never dealt with these kinds of switches.

Use 1.1 for an 8X1 switch. Set up one dish for say port 1 and one dish for port 2.
If the settings has a bunch of stuff for 1.1, use the last 16 selections, but just use 1-8. I hope that makes sense.
What receiver do you have?

Reactions: wvman
An 8 port DiSEqC switch is type 1.1 or 2.1 (DiSEqC 1.0/2.0) only controls up to 4 port.

On each satellite that you wish to activate in the receiver list, disable 22KHz, disable DiSEqC 1.0, enable DiSEqC 1.1 and select the correct port for the required LNB.

Example if dish 1 is 99w C-band and connected to switch port 1, enter the install menu and select 99w C-band satellite. Make sure 22KHz is off, DiSEqC 1.0 is off, DiSEqC 1.1 is selected to port 1, LO is set to 5150 and LNB power is on and set to auto. If dish 2 is 103w C-band and connected to switch port 2, enter the install menu and select 103w C-band satellite. Make sure 22KHz is off, DiSEqC 1.0 is off, DiSEqC 1.1 is selected to port 2, LO is set to 5150 and LNB power is on and set to auto.

Reactions: wvman
Use 1.1 for an 8X1 switch. Set up one dish for say port 1 and one dish for port 2.
If the settings has a bunch of stuff for 1.1, use the last 16 selections, but just use 1-8. I hope that makes sense.
What receiver do you have?

The one I'm trying to set up is a V8 Golden, but I'm getting ready to purchase a couple Linkbox 9000i's. When I bought the V8, I didn't realize they were into the TOS game. I won't purchase their equipment again. Thanks for the info.

An 8 port DiSEqC switch is type 1.1 or 2.1 (DiSEqC 1.0/2.0) only controls up to 4 port.

On each satellite that you wish to activate in the receiver list, disable 22KHz, disable DiSEqC 1.0, enable DiSEqC 1.1 and select the correct port for the required LNB.

Example if dish 1 is 99w C-band and connected to switch port 1, enter the install menu and select 99w C-band satellite. Make sure 22KHz is off, DiSEqC 1.0 is off, DiSEqC 1.1 is selected to port 1, LO is set to 5150 and LNB power is on and set to auto. If dish 2 is 103w C-band and connected to switch port 2, enter the install menu and select 103w C-band satellite. Make sure 22KHz is off, DiSEqC 1.0 is off, DiSEqC 1.1 is selected to port 2, LO is set to 5150 and LNB power is on and set to auto.

When I tried to set this up, I didn't remember seeing a menu where you could choose the satellites you were after. I may have overlooked it and I'll try again this evening. I was just choosing different switch settings without actually choosing the satellites. I think I see where I went wrong now. Thanks for the help.

Not familiar with that one. I do have a v7 somewhere, it may be the same. Can't check right now.
Follow what Brian said also, and make sure you set each sat to the proper switch setting.

Not familiar with that one. I do have a v7 somewhere, it may be the same. Can't check right now.
Follow what Brian said also, and make sure you set each sat to the proper switch setting.

I can always count on you guys when I need help. I think I got it now, but if I don't I'll be back with hat in hand again. :biggrin

Correct, a signal path is created in the menu for each active satellite in list. Without a switch port selected, no signal will be presented to the receiver.

Imagine entering a dark room and not turning on the light switch. You have now installed a switch and it must be turned on.

Reactions: KE4EST
Correct, a signal path is created in the menu for each active satellite in list. Without a switch port selected, no signal will be presented to the receiver.

Imagine entering a dark room and not turning on the light switch. You have now installed a switch and it must be turned on.

Makes perfect sense. I'll play some more later this evening. :)

This is an 8 port switch, if that makes a difference.

Here in Europe we find 8/1 switches as
A) 'purely diseqc 1.1' switches, which react to only diseqc 1.1 Input 1...8 commands; and as
B) 'combination diseqc 1.1+1.0' switches, which react to the commands: diseqc 1.1 Input 1 plus diseqc 1.0 A/B/C/D command,
and diseqc 1.1 Input 2 plus diseqc 1.0 A/B/C/D command.

So it really depends on the switch you have, how to chose your diseqc command.

Some switches also switch on diseqc 1.2 (motor)commands.
Some have a little switch to chose the switching mode (or need a special programmer); others have not, and have only one switching mode (or sometimes two).

This is not intended to make it difficult for you :), but just to help look for other possibilities if you cannot quickly find the right diseqc commands....

If you still have difficulties: share with us what brand/type the switch is!

Greetz,
A33

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
Here in Europe we find 8/1 switches as
A) 'purely diseqc 1.1' switches, which react to only diseqc 1.1 Input 1...8 commands; and as
B) 'combination diseqc 1.1+1.0' switches, which react to the commands: diseqc 1.1 Input 1 plus diseqc 1.0 A/B/C/D command,
and diseqc 1.1 Input 2 plus diseqc 1.0 A/B/C/D command.

So it really depends on the switch you have, how to chose your diseqc command.

Some switches also switch on diseqc 1.2 (motor)commands.
Some have a little switch to chose the switching mode (or need a special programmer); others have not, and have only one switching mode (or sometimes two).

This is not intended to make it difficult for you :), but just to help look for other possibilities if you cannot quickly find the right diseqc commands....

If you still have difficulties: share with us what brand/type the switch is!

Greetz,
A33

When I got home last evening, I used the advice Titanium & KE4EST gave me and it came right on. However, I am a bit puzzled at what Titanium said, "An 8 port DiSEqC switch is type 1.1 or 2.1 (DiSEqC 1.0/2.0) only controls up to 4 port." If an 8 port switch will only control 4 ports, why build an 8 port switch? This switch is numbered port 1-8 like you could hook 8 dishes to the same switch and make it work.

Like I said, I don't know everything about these kinds of hookups, but I'm learning. Now I need to know how to make all 4 dishes show up on two different receivers so I can hook up the wife's receiver in the other room. I doubt that will be as uncomplicated as this turned out to be. It was rather simple after I learned the particulars of the switch settings.

Reactions: Titanium
Breaking down what Brian said:
An 8X1 switch is 1.1 or 2.1.
The 1.0 or 2.0 protocol is only designed for 4 ports max.
So your switch being 1.1 will do all 8 ports. :)

Reactions: wvman and Titanium
Breaking down what Brian said:
An 8X1 switch is 1.1 or 2.1.
The 1.0 or 2.0 protocol is only designed for 4 ports max.
So your switch being 1.1 will do all 8 ports. :)

I have 2 of these 8 port switches. At present, I am only using one hook up on my dual port LNB's. If I hook the unused port on the LNB to the 2nd switch, and do the same on the other dishes and set the switch settings like the settings on the 1st receiver, will the same channels work on the 2nd receiver in the other room? I assume the two ports on a dual port LNB works completely independent of each other and will not need a DC block on the 2nd receiver. Is that correct?

While I think of it, I assume you have found Light TV on 99W. When I first located it, it worked perfectly. Afterwards, they announced that Light and COZI were going to be become one channel, Light TV. Now, I have audio and no video. Have you experienced the same problem? My wife claims it has video during the day when I'm at work, but when I looked at the PID info last night, one PID setting was different than what's posted on SATHINT.

I haven't edited the PID settings because my wife claims it works through the day, and I guess it could be something they're doing during the switch over. What's your take on it?

Who knows for sure exactly what they are doing. I have seen channels work at day and not night and vice versa. So could be.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts