DiSEqC Switch help with the AZbox Ultra

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stargaze

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Out there somewhere
DiSEqCSwitch help with the AZbox Ultra

At present the cable line runs from the dish to a
‘Tru-Spec” HFS 2/2150 900-2150Mhz splitter

The power out side then has a line to the dish moving receiver.
The power passive side has the line which connects to the FTA Ultra.

Same for the Ku side.

This means getting up and down each time I want to switch to KU to remove the line for the Ultra and connecting it to the ku splitter.
Now I picked up a 4x1 switch, Quali-TV NDS-7014
This is a 900-2500 Mhz switch (4 LNB lines in- 1 Receiver line out).

I just can not seem to get into my head how this is to work for me, so let me explain.
My thought is to run the power passive side from the “Tru-Spec” splitter (C-Band) to the LNB 1 port of the Quali, then run another line from the (ku) power passive side of the other “Tru-spec” to the LNB 2 port of the Quali switch. Then connect the Ultra line to the “Receiver” port of the Quali switch.

Will this give me the C& ku of whatever polarity the main dish mover is on?

If so what settings do I need to make in the Ultra receiver to get it to sync up?
At present if I am on C-band the ultra antenna setup is set to 5150
When I switch the lines to ku I have to go back to antenna setup to switch to 10750.
I do not see any 5150/10750 settings
The closest I see is 9750/10750 .

Also I know I need to change the DiSEqC options but do not know what settings to use.
Presently it is set to off.
Options are
1.0-lnb1
Mini-lnb1
1.1lnb1
Sw21
Sw42
Sw44
Sw64
Combination
This is new to me so I just can’t get it thru this old brain here. I have had my setup since 1986 and the HFS splitters in place since 1996 and never changed anything on them.

[FONT=&quot]Any help would be appreciated. I just don’t want to bully my way thru this and fry something.[/FONT]

DiSEqCSwitch help with the AZbox Ultra

At present the cable line runs from the dish to a
‘Tru-Spec” HFS 2/2150 900-2150Mhz splitter

The power out side then has a line to the dish moving receiver.
The power passive side has the line which connects to the FTA Ultra.

Same for the Ku side.

This means getting up and down each time I want to switch to KU to remove the line for the Ultra and connecting it to the ku splitter.
Now I picked up a 4x1 switch, Quali-TV NDS-7014
This is a 900-2500 Mhz switch (4 LNB lines in- 1 Receiver line out).

I just can not seem to get into my head how this is to work for me, so let me explain.
My thought is to run the power passive side from the “Tru-Spec” splitter (C-Band) to the LNB 1 port of the Quali, then run another line from the (ku) power passive side of the other “Tru-spec” to the LNB 2 port of the Quali switch. Then connect the Ultra line to the “Receiver” port of the Quali switch.

Will this give me the C& ku of whatever polarity the main dish mover is on?

If so what settings do I need to make in the Ultra receiver to get it to sync up?
At present if I am on C-band the ultra antenna setup is set to 5150
When I switch the lines to ku I have to go back to antenna setup to switch to 10750.
I do not see any 5150/10750 settings
The closest I see is 9750/10750 .

Also I know I need to change the DiSEqC options but do not know what settings to use.
Presently it is set to off.
Options are
1.0-lnb1
Mini-lnb1
1.1lnb1
Sw21
Sw42
Sw44
Sw64
Combination
This is new to me so I just can’t get it thru this old brain here. I have had my setup since 1986 and the HFS splitters in place since 1996 and never changed anything on them.

[FONT=&quot]Any help would be appreciated. I just don’t want to bully my way thru this and fry something.[/FONT]

Did you find how to setup the Quali-TV NDS-7014?
I need to know how . Can you help?

Since I use a receiver to move the dish and change polarities here is how I set it up here.

Both C & ku line from the dish go into an HFS (High Frequency Splitter) near the back of my main dish moving receiver. The power side out on the HFS goes to the main dish moving receiver either C or KU whichever line is which, and the non powered side line goes into the Quali-TV NDS-7014.

Here I used line A for C-band and line B for ku on the Quali.

The out line on the Quali goes to the TV.

Then I set up my FTA receiver so the DiSEqC switch was turned on.

A for C-band and B for ku.

I use these on all my big dishes here and they have worked flawlessly.

No more flipping A/B switches for C & ku as the DiSEqC switch and the controls in the FTA receiver handle all that automatically since 2010!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)