AMIKO Please review how to setup USALS on an A3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Hi all I'll be installing an HH90 motor on my dish this weekend. I'm OK on the hardware and mechanical installation, but a little weak on how to setup the A3.

I read somewhere here you have to do this for each satellite, is that right? In the satellite properties I enable USALS and enter my lat/long values. Is that everything?

Once I do this, if I select a channel from the grid will the dish move to the correct satellite automatically?

Thanks for your help
Alan Rovner
Vancouver, Wash.

Thanks Brian, is this a true statement? The zero position of the motor is aligned to due south, then I select my closest satellite to due south which moves the motor to that approximate location, then I adjust my azimuth and elevation for max quality level.

How does that sound?

Alan

That is correct.

Just be sure the mast is perfectly plumb and the motor brackets have not been over tightened and distort the mount.

Just to verify terms: The azimuth adjustment is done by rotating the motor East/West on the pole. The elevation fine-tuning adjustment is done with the dish elevation, not the motor elevation bracket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)