DiseqC Woes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike045

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Quebec
I have a C/Ku setup with a Drake 1724 analog receiver (see my sig); I use the Drake to move the dish and activate the skew of my LNBs. The system has been working properly in analog times. To use the digital signals I used for some time a PC card, and lately a CoolSat 6100 receiver; I am using the setup described here (Add a receiver). to feed the digital receiver: the IN of the splitter is connected to the LNB (C or KU), the OUT with DC passing is connected to the Drake, and the other OUT if finally connected to one feed of a diseqc switch.
I am using the port 2 for the C signal, and port 3 for the Ku one.
Now the problems.:confused:
It is not possible to use both feeds at the same time on the DiseqC SW.
More than that, when I use only one signal (C feed is connected to the SW, and Ku is not for example), I get signal even if the DiseqC SW is not selected in the Coolsat menu.
The splitters seem to work properly; when I use one feed at a time (C or Ku) I get signals just fine, for example Intelsat 9 at 58W (CBand) or AMC3 (Ku) [The TiP/Patient Channel is coming strong for me: Level 85%, Quality 80%)].

Last note: Yesterday I bought my third DiseqC SW, and been careful to disconnect my digital receiver before adding the SW.

Now what is wrong with my setup ?

Mike

Attachments

• p8280380.jpg
    p8280380.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
"It is not possible to use both feeds at the same time on the DiseqC SW"
The Coolsat can only select one DiSEqC Port at a time. How are you using both feeds at the same time?

"the IN of the splitter is connected to the LNB (C or KU)"
Are you using 2 splitters?

Yes, for each LNB (C and Ku), one splitter each.
Just to clarify, when I say ...at the same time... I am saying the that boths feeds (C and Ku) are connected to the DisecC SW. And yes, Coolsat is using just one of them at a time.

Mike

Since you are powering the LNB via the Drake, are you picking a Ku / C Sat in the Drake to match what you want the Coolsat to use. Or does the Drake power both KU and C at the same time?

As far as I can understand, the Drake is powering both at the same time.

The main problem is this: how can the signal pass the DiseqC SW when the DiseqC is OFF in the Coolsat menu ? Or, if the C feed is connected to port 2 of the switch, why is there no change whatever port I select ?

Mike

what i've seen with my coolsats (5000) is that even if no diesqc switch is selected ( or selected to off) it usually defaults to the lowest port with a signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts