Dish 1000.2 Mount

rick9999

Jun 18, 2009
MD
Does anyone know how I would figure out how much clearance I need to the left of the dish (assuming you are standing in front of the dish looking at it) from the center of the mount for a Dish 1000.2? I am in Maryland and it says the skew is 130. I am trying to figure out if the pole I have in the ground is too close to the house before I get the dish.

It really would be based on your elevation settings on your 1000.2 not your skew, skew is just the setting to receiver more then one satellite, and with the 1000.2 you are hitting 3 119,110, 129. If you have someone with a inclinometer, that would definitely help you verify if the elevation is high enough from the pole to clear your house. Hope that helped.

The house is more to the side of the dish, if the dish were perfectly level based on its size it would probably be fine but when I start changing the skew, unless the mount on the dish itself is in the center, that is going to increase the room I need on the left and decrease it on the right? I am thinking that the pole I have my Dish 500 on might be cemented in the ground too close to the house and the side of the dish will start hitting the house as the skew increases.

If your getting the skew setting in the check switch screen, thats for the 500 dish. Try this if you have a neighbor with a 1000.2 in your area, and can see their settings, then go to your pole and see if the skew causes the Dish to hit the house. If so then yep, might need to move the Dish mount, can you mount your Dish to the roof. Are doing the install also?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)