Dish 1000.4 Sat + DPP44 + OTA Installation Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jnunez56

Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
Lake Charles, LA
Hi all, I am a new Dish Network subscriber and would like to add a fourth receiver and OTA to my current installation. Could you please take a look at my proposed setup and let me know if this will work? Thanks!

Drawing1.jpg
pencil.png

Your diagram is fine but make sure you are using the Dish separators not splitters at the receivers. I also am not sure at the triplexor on the 722K. Use a separator and put the power inserter before it. I recommend using the Holland diplexers.

Thanks for the help! One more question...the DPP44 has 4 inputs...could I just insert the OTA signal at the 4th input instead of adding the 4 diplexors?

Yes, your diagram is correct except the diplexers are always installed in PAIRS. So you need to use one at both ends, including for the 211's, and not a splitter. (The triplexer is OK for the end with a dual-tuner receiver, such as the 722. It includes a separator and diplexer in one can.)

I agree that your diagram looks good. Where you have the "splitters" at the 211k's you will need to replace those with diplexors. Also, the power inserter for the DPP 44 would probably be best located nearest the switch to port 1. You may also need to run a cable directly from your 4-way splitter to the 722k if you are already using the triplexor for the tv2 backfeed. If you do not have tv2 hooked up, then using the diplexor/triplexor would be fine for the 722k.

Using Dish Network approved Holland (RED colored) splitters and diplexers (just use the BLUE colored for certainty regarding current) will preserve the original Dish Warranty and extended DHPP. Dish stands behind the Hollands.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)