Dish 1000 in Alaska?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

6coho

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2005
Valdez, AK
Has anyone sucessfully installed a Dish 1000 in Alaska? It appears that Alaska is included on the Dish 1000 footprint chart. I would love to get Voom up here, but the wife says two dishes are enough! (119 & 148) Anybody have a comment?

welcome :wave

I dont think Dish1000 would work in Alaska because you need a larger dish for 119 & 110 to begin with. 129 on the fringes is lower powered right now (I only get a 75 in Minneapolis with a 24" dish...on 119 I get a 120 with a 18")

Thanks for the reply, Iceberg.

I've had a 6' Dish 300 pointed at 119 since my service was first installed in 1997. Two years ago, we installed an additional 30" Dish 300, pointed at 148. I currently have an 811 connected to the 148 only, to receive KCBS HD from LA. Up to this point, considering my viewing habit of mostly major network programming, I have not considered the HD Pack to be worth the monthly charge, nor the installation of a third dish to get the 110 sattlelite.

I have been watching intently for any sign that the rest of the distant networks, for which we are eligible, will be made available in HD. I really have my fingers crossed that they will soon be made available on the 129. That is the reason for my interest in the Dish 1000. If it would work up here, and the distants are placed on the 129, it would be wonderful. If it won't work, and the distants become available, I'll bite the bullet and put up the third dish to get 119/110/129.

6coho, I recommend you realign your 6' to the 110 sat and add a 1M or 4' for the 119. That will give you the bulk of the HD programming and is the setup I have. We have experimented with the 129 and it seems to be to week to pick up effectively with a 6' dish unfortunately. Maybe Dish has plans to crank up the juice or fly a new bird later or something?

6coho said:
Has anyone sucessfully installed a Dish 1000 in Alaska? It appears that Alaska is included on the Dish 1000 footprint chart. I would love to get Voom up here, but the wife says two dishes are enough! (119 & 148) Anybody have a comment?
I got the same situation here in Puerto Rico we need to use at least 3' dishes to get just the right strenght signal but we can locked the 61.5 here at 68 E/A and 176 Azimuth and work just perfect on HD(I have voom)just check your peak angles to see if you don't have a blind spot there, :)

tysonwetzel said:
6coho, I recommend you realign your 6' to the 110 sat and add a 1M or 4' for the 119. That will give you the bulk of the HD programming and is the setup I have. We have experimented with the 129 and it seems to be to week to pick up effectively with a 6' dish unfortunately. Maybe Dish has plans to crank up the juice or fly a new bird later or something?

Tyson,

Where are you located?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)