Dish 1000+ install

crose

Original poster
May 24, 2007
I picked up a Dish 1000+ and DPP44 switch for my VIP622 receiver and have been trying all week to align it. I set it up according to the instructions that came with it, plumbed the mast, installed all new RG6 coax. Even hired a tree trimmer to insure clear line of sight.

Standing behind the dish, the LNB's are from left to right 129, 118.7, 119, and 110. I'm getting 119 and 110 but the 119 satellite is coming in on the 129 LNB, and the 110 satellite on the 119 LNB.

I'm in the 547XX zip code area and have the AZ set to 215, EL to 32 and SK to 115.

Any ideas of what might be the problem? I've played with the AZ and EL but can't get anything other than what I described.

I think you should turn your dish so it points about 9 degrees West. That should make the signals bounce up into the correct LNBs.

Thanks for the help guys. Turns out it was my cable ends. I replaced them all and tested the switch and was only getting 1 sat. then I pointed dish about 9 degrees to the right and got good tone, checked switch again and had all 4 birds locked in. I can't stress enough the importance of good cables and connections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts