Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to another SatelliteGuys Live Retailer Chat Recap!

As always the information posted here is information any consumer can find out by asking their local Dish Network retailer and asking them whats new coming down the line.

We do not report dealer sensitive information such as costs, profits, etc.

These recaps have been done since 2002 with the permission of Dish Network.

Who knows what to expect today after yesterdays less then steller Charlie Chat where nothing new was introduced. But if anything interesting is announced you will catch it here first. :)

Thanks for your support of SatelliteGuys!

Amir and Jim welcome us to another retailer chat, Amir says that this will be a short chat.

Amir says on this chat they will be talking a lot about sports on this chat. (can anyone say Charlie Chat Rehash?)

They start about talking about Team Summit which will take place next year in San Antonio, TX May 11 - 13th. (I am not planning on going to this one)

They go into local launches and say that Paducah, KY and Davenport, IA will be coming on November 11th in HD from the 77 degree Eastern Arc orbital location. That brings Dish to 154 HD markets.

They talk about NBA League Pass which will have a free preview October 27th to November 3rd. A commercial for NBA League pass is shown.

On November 18th Evansville, IN will launch in HD.

They then start talking sports. Good news... NBA TV will be part of AT 200 as of November 3rd. It was only part of the Everything Package or multisports up until now.

Attachments

• chat1.jpg
    chat1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 239
  • chat2.jpg
    chat2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 321
Then they show a NHL Center Ice commercial.

They then talk about NFL RedZone. They then show the RedZone crap they showed last night...

Now on to marketing and they are going to talk about Sports Marketing... (The Dish Marketing Department dont understand that retailers have a long lead time in running ads, but the time the dealers get their ads designed and approved by legal the season for that sport could be almost over... All this sports stuff should have been available MONTHS AGO!)

Marketing is done, now talking about installations... nothing interesting yet...

Great news for NBA fans....NBA TV will be part of the Classic 200 & above package. Only if they include FSC in Classic 200...I will switch back to Classic 200 from 250. Good move by Dish on NBA TV though. Now with TNT, ESPN, WGN & NBA TV (ABC occassionally)...there will be enough NBA for me this year

Scott,

Any word on what Satellite Evansville, IN HD Locals will be on? I am hoping not 77, but fear that it will...

Does this mean i would need two Sat dishes since Paduach ky locals SD are on 110 and if they are adding the HD channels to the 77? to me this makes no since to me. i wont beleive they going on the 77 until i see it happen.

Well you are not alone. In San Francisco, the SD channels are on 110 and the HD channels are on 119. The sense is where the available bandwidth is.

Does this mean i would need two Sat dishes since Paduach ky locals SD are on 110 and if they are adding the HD channels to the 77? to me this makes no since to me. i wont beleive they going on the 77 until i see it happen.

This isn't unusual. Most existing customers got wing dishes when their HD locals were placed on the eastern arc if they already were receiving 110/119 on the western arc. New customers will get a single dish solution for the eastern arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)