Dish 1000 picks up all satellites?

mlb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Kettering, Ohio
I'm getting 2 stories here in kettering, ohio (45440). I was told by one provider I need a SuperDish and Dish 1000 if I want to get the AT120, HD package, and Voom package. Another provider told me the Dish 1000 will get all. Any way to find out who is correct?

Well, DN says

Congratulations! This address is eligible for the
Dayton, OH (SD 105) Local Network Package
So, you will need a superdish, which will get 105 + 110 + 119

However, EKB shows the dayton locals are on 129 as well, so with a Dish 1000, it should be able to get it all! (110+119+129 = normal stuff + locals + hd and voom!) (if im wrong, someone correct me!)

To answer one of your other questions...neither a superdish, nor a dish 1000, will pickup ALL of Dish Network's satellites.

I just had a 1000 installed and I get HD, Voom, locals and AT180. I live in Denver and my locals are sitting (or mirrored) on 129.

My dish is picking up 110, 119 and 129.

The dish1000 is all you need. The only question was if you wanted locals thru satellite. My guess is no you don't and you probably prefer the free digital OTA stations in HD.

jergenf said:
The dish1000 is all you need. The only question was if you wanted locals thru satellite. My guess is no you don't and you probably prefer the free digital OTA stations in HD.

Yes, I will have an antenna up in order to get my HD OTA's. Apparently I only would miss the 61.5 satellite, which has the HD demo and a national CBS-HD (which I won't be allowed to get anyway).

Thanks for the info.

mlb said:
Yes, I will have an antenna up in order to get my HD OTA's. Apparently I only would miss the 61.5 satellite, which has the HD demo and a national CBS-HD (which I won't be allowed to get anyway).

Thanks for the info.
You're not missing that much with the demo channel. It's showing a 30 minute loop that was made back in 2002. It features some excellent clips of the HD-Discovery channel and the new 8psk module now available for the model 6000 (old news). During the nite time it displays fish in various aquariums (nice screen saver).

What you might gain with 61.5 is a few more public interest and international channels. Also that sat has "sky angel" package.

As has been stated, those three satellites aren't all of the satellites that DISH uses. The DISH1000 is designed to pick up 110/119/129. DISH also uses 61.5, 105, 121, and 148.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)