Dish 1000 plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
Does anybody have the dish 1000 plus that receives 110/119/118.7 and 129 how is the signal on that dish and how does the signal on that dish stand up to rain/snow.

The reliability is good, and hardly ever loses a signal except during the worst storms. I have no problems with 129 dropouts.

dish 1000+

The reliability is good, and hardly ever loses a signal except during the worst storms. I have no problems with 129 dropouts.

Sounds good to me even though i was worried about 129 but since the new satellite will be ready in a month or so.

I, too, have a Dish 1000+, and it provides very good signal for 129. I was suprised, really. The installer explained that, for the most part, in his installation area (a large suburban area of Los Angeles) 129 comes in very well with the Dish 1000+. In fact, the 129 signal is STRONGER with the Dish 1000+. If you are in the LA area, then I think you are OK.

However, very soon, the whole 129 signal strength issue will be moot as Ceil 2 will be operational within weeks (certainly by mid-February), so I don't think you are going to have problems, or at least they will go away by February. So, go ahead and take the 1000+. Also, it does look better than the 3 dish solution I had. Signal strength on all the other sat locations is just fine.

I am on the east coast with a 1000+. The dish seems to do better overall (less rain loss) and much better w/129. With my old 110/119/129 dish, 129 would drop with just a moderate rainfall, but now it's gotta be really heavy. When it does go out, it's only for a few minutes. 1000+ seems to be a good choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)