Dish 1000 signal strength?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thechad708

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 14, 2005
I am a E* newbie, I have a 211 and a 625. Last weekend we had a minor rainstorm and I lost signal. I waited till the weather was clear and checked my signal strength. I am in the mid 70s on 110 and 119 and in the mid 50s and 60s on 129, is that normal using a Dish 1000? Or did the installer just do a good enough job to get a picture? BTW i am in the salt lake city area.
thanks for any help,
aaron

thechad708 said:
I am a E* newbie, I have a 211 and a 625. Last weekend we had a minor rainstorm and I lost signal. I waited till the weather was clear and checked my signal strength. I am in the mid 70s on 110 and 119 and in the mid 50s and 60s on 129, is that normal using a Dish 1000? Or did the installer just do a good enough job to get a picture? BTW i am in the salt lake city area.
thanks for any help,
aaron

129W is space junk.

Agreed... its a pathetic satellite these days... They need to replace it ASAP. Just not with E6. Thats also sh1te ;0 They need to replace 61.5 and 129 (e3 and e5)

-B

Theres little wrong with 61.5, it provides a good strong signal, the only issue I know of with 61.5 is the one TP that went down, otherwise its been a pretty reliable sat so far as I know. E5 and E10 are ones that I have seen issues with, since the move to E10 to replace the existing 110 sat I experience signal loss on it in rain more easily than I did with the old sat.

To the OP, I'm with Randall on this one. The 110 and 119 signals are waaaaaay too low. And yes, the 129 is junk, but you're still facing a "garbage in, garbage out" situation. All 3 birds should be pulling in stronger.

I just had a Dish 1000 installed in Montana, and I have the same signal strength issues, particularly with the 129 (barely in the 50s). Should I call the contracted installer or Dish themselves (it was part of a Dish mover promotion)? I'm particularly irritated because the Dish was installed only about 10 feet off of the ground (I have a 2 story home) and I think part of the problem may be that the next door house (also 2 story) kept the installer from pulling in a stronger signal. Guess I'll have to have the Dish pulled out of the side of my house and reinstalled!

I think it depends where you are. It's very odd.. i get 110% signal or so on 129 but as it goes out of whack (has only one momentum wheel working of 3 with thrusters compensating on a regular basis) i go low enough to lose signal. 61.5 for me is pathetic too though. E3 is fine, but rainbow-1 i dont easily get (I am on the fringe) I would be happy to see all of 61.5 replaced and certainly 129 ;0 Oh well soon enough. I saw today online that they already have a contract for E13 (e11 is close to done and e-12 is Rainbow-1) It looks like dish is working on it, but it takes time and mad cash!

-B

dish 1000

the dish 1000 is not going to do you any good in the western states. you need two 500's but you will still have crap signal for the 129. wait for the 1000.2 or hit the 61.5.

dnsguy said:
the dish 1000 is not going to do you any good in the western states. you need two 500's but you will still have crap signal for the 129. wait for the 1000.2 or hit the 61.5.
Sorry, incorrect.

In the Pacific NW, there's some issues, but it's fine south of there.

Like the one I mounted on a tree just for testing. ;)

Thee issue is the old bird at 129 wasn't designed for that slot - it's CONUS footprint is offset - which is why the "corners" have trouble.

I'm in Portland, OR. I have a Dish 300 pointed at 129. Seemed to be ok at first, but lately I've been getting a lot of pixelation from that bird. I was going to upgrade to a 622 and they said they would upgrade me to a 1000, but sounds like maybe I shouldn't let them do that. I also have a Dish 500 pointed at 110 and 119. Should I have them instlall the 1000 for 110 and 119 and then point the Dish 500 at 129 or wait for this 1000.2 dish.

Wait for the 1000.2 dish . It is supposed to be bigger and have a triple lnb with a port for another side sat dish to be plugged into it. LIke a dish pro plus triple lnb. The arm is supposed to be longer to which might be why the signal is supposed to stay stronger with the 3 extra inches and the longer arm- OF course I am just guessing on this part.

Mike, the longer arm in and of itself is not relevant. The arm length depends on the curvature (focal length) of the dish. That in turn depends on many factors, including but not limited to how wide a bird spread you need, how much gain you need, etc.

So you are saying that the longer arm makes no difference ? Then why change the arm from what it is already ? I think the longer arm must be relevant as it will focus the beam from the satellite on a different part of the dish or curvature of the dish as you say. Other wise they would just give everybody the new dish 1000.02 by itself and tell you to reattach the same dishpro twin lnb and dishpro single lnb you already have.

MikeD-C05 said:
So you are saying that the longer arm makes no difference ? Then why change the arm from what it is already ? I think the longer arm must be relevant as it will focus the beam from the satellite on a different part of the dish or curvature of the dish as you say. Other wise they would just give everybody the new dish 1000.02 by itself and tell you to reattach the same dishpro twin lnb and dishpro single lnb you already have.
The length of the arm must be matched to the curvature of the dish.

The new pans have a different curve, therefore the arm is a different length.

As for the 1000.2, it's not only a different pan, but an integrated 3-eye LNB with a built-in DPP43 switch. Yes, DPP43 (a DPP-Twin has a built-in DPP32).