Dish 1000 with 61.5?

Conjuror

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
Currently I have dish 1000 pointed to 110,119, and 129. It works most of the time but occasionally I have breakups on 129. Tried to realign the dish but this is the best I can get given the dish location. Before I installed 1000 I had 500 on the same mast with perfect 110 and 119 signal levels. I also happen to have currently unused old Voom dish pointed to 61.5. I have single 622 HDDVR. I was thinking about putting back my old dish 500 and use it for 110 and 119 and connect the Voom's dish for 61.5 for HD channels. This would eliminate need for 129 if HD channels on 129 and 61.5 are the same. I still have old legacy twin LBNF for 110 and 119 attached to my old dish 500. I live in the Atlanta area and I get my locals with OTA.

Currently I have dish 1000 pointed to 110,119, and 129. It works most of the time but occasionally I have breakups on 129. Tried to realign the dish but this is the best I can get given the dish location. Before I installed 1000 I had 500 on the same mast with perfect 110 and 119 signal levels. I also happen to have currently unused old Voom dish pointed to 61.5. I have single 622 HDDVR. I was thinking about putting back my old dish 500 and use it for 110 and 119 and connect the Voom's dish for 61.5 for HD channels. This would eliminate need for 129 if HD channels on 129 and 61.5 are the same. I still have old legacy twin LBNF for 110 and 119 attached to my old dish 500. I live in the Atlanta area and I get my locals with OTA.

What you propose should work. All leagacy except for the receivers. If you have a DishPro switch in the system then that will have to be removed for the Legacy LNB's to function. This is what I understand but I am sure here on the forum are expert installers with a firm answer.

The Dish 1000 has an input, you could just add a DP twin to your Dish 500 and use that to point to either 61.5 or 129 and adjust the 1000 for just 110/119. You should get a higher signal on 61.5 than from 129, but you should make sure there isn't anything on 129 that is not on 61.5 that you may want, ie: HD locals (which you stated you get ota so you may not want) or RSN HD channels.

The Dish 1000 has an input, you could just add a DP twin to your Dish 500 and use that to point to either 61.5 or 129 and adjust the 1000 for just 110/119. You should get a higher signal on 61.5 than from 129, but you should make sure there isn't anything on 129 that is not on 61.5 that you may want, ie: HD locals (which you stated you get ota so you may not want) or RSN HD channels.

The thing is that voom dish and 1000 are to far from each other. Cable from 61.5 goes directly to my living room. 1000 is connected to my tv with different coax cable. How can I use these two cables? I also have spare switch 21 somewhere.

The thing is that voom dish and 1000 are to far from each other. Cable from 61.5 goes directly to my living room. 1000 is connected to my tv with different coax cable. How can I use these two cables? I also have spare switch 21 somewhere.

There is usually an input into most DP and DPP lnb's and any external switch and coax runs of 100 - 150 ft. are no problem if you use the proper RG-6 cable.

I don't want to run any additional cables as I already have too many. I just want to know is there a way to take advantage of my current setup in order to get more reliable satellite signal. I'll try to simplify my questions:

One option is to connect Dish Pro plus twin ( for 110 & 119) to one and 61.5 to another input on switch 21 and then run single cable to Dish Pro Plus DPP Separator.

If the dish pro plus lnbf cannot work with switch 21 can I then replace dish pro plus lnbf with my old legacy twin lnbf and then again use switch 21 to add 61.5 and finally dpp separator?

I hope this makes sense.

If You Have a dpp twin it has one input and two outputs. You must have a dp single/dual for this to work! You run the 61.5 cable to the input of the dpp twin, then you run your lines from the outputs to the recievers this setup will let the 110/119/61.5 all travel through the lines down to the reciever if you have a dual tuner then use the seperator!

I don't want to run any additional cables as I already have too many. I just want to know is there a way to take advantage of my current setup in order to get more reliable satellite signal. I'll try to simplify my questions:

One option is to connect Dish Pro plus twin ( for 110 & 119) to one and 61.5 to another input on switch 21 and then run single cable to Dish Pro Plus DPP Separator.

If the dish pro plus lnbf cannot work with switch 21 can I then replace dish pro plus lnbf with my old legacy twin lnbf and then again use switch 21 to add 61.5 and finally dpp separator?

I hope this makes sense.

If the 21 switch is DishPro, you cannot use the separator with it, nor would the separator work with legacy equipment. You would need to use a DPP44 switch and run two lines from 110/119 to the switch. You seem to be making this more complicated than it is since you already have a switch built into the lnb. A coax run from 61.5 to the twin would cost a lot less.

I got it now, thank you. I am not making it complicated because 61.5 dish is on the opposite end of the house and it is simply not feasible to run a cable from it to the dish pro twin. Looks like the only way to get stronger signal or to take advantage of the 61.5 dish is to relocate the 1000 dish.

I got it now, thank you. I am not making it complicated because 61.5 dish is on the opposite end of the house and it is simply not feasible to run a cable from it to the dish pro twin. Looks like the only way to get stronger signal or to take advantage of the 61.5 dish is to relocate the 1000 dish.

If you use a proper RG-6 cable, you will not see much signal loss if any at all in a 100-150 ft run.

If you use a proper RG-6 cable, you will not see much signal loss if any at all in a 100-150 ft run.

It's not about distance. It would be much easier to relocate dish 1000 then to run cable from 61.5 dish. Plus, I like current dish 1000 location because it cannot be seen at all from the street. I cannot move Voom's dish closer to dish 1000 because of several trees. And I don't feel like moving dish 1000 closer to 61.5 dish because I already have an FTA dish, Voom's 61.5, and an OTA on that side of the house. Adding another dish would make some people think that my house is military headquorters or something. :D
I was really hoping to take advantage of the two cables already in my living room. The first cable comes from the dish 1000 and another one from Voom's 61.5 dish but ...

It's not about distance. It would be much easier to relocate dish 1000 then to run cable from 61.5 dish. Plus, I like current dish 1000 location because it cannot be seen at all from the street. I cannot move Voom's dish closer to dish 1000 because of several trees. And I don't feel like moving dish 1000 closer to 61.5 dish because I already have an FTA dish, Voom's 61.5, and an OTA on that side of the house. Adding another dish would make some people think that my house is military headquorters or something. :D
I was really hoping to take advantage of the two cables already in my living room. The first cable comes from the dish 1000 and another one from Voom's 61.5 dish but ...

Gary has the right of it. You may not like the dishes, but you do what you have to. If it makes you feel better, I've had to install three new dishes on one house before (61.5, 110, 119, 148).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)