Dish 21.0 remote availability ?

Thanks, this may help you if you don't already have it.
Some of the remotes are shipping without instructions for learning codes. Here is how to teach the (extra) buttons for a TV (thanks to puckwithahalo):

1. To put the remote in learning mode, hold down the TV mode button until the other mode buttons light up.
2. Let go and TV should be blinking.
3. Hold down the record button until the TV mode button goes solid.
4. Hit the button on the Dish remote that you are trying to program to
5. Point the TV remote at the IR sensor on the side of the Dish remote and hold down the button on the TV remote that you are trying to program in until the TV mode button on the Dish remote goes solid again.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each button you want to program in.
7. Once you are done with step 6, hit the TV mode button on the Dish remote again.

Note: you have to program all the buttons you want to program all at once. If you forget one and want to go back later, you have to program all of them back in again. Also, if you can find a code that partially works, you can program it in, and then do the learning function for the buttons that don't work

Thanks Dan but I didn't have any luck with that trying to learn it my Sony AV commands. I saw the other post with that info last night. i.e Volume UP would turn OFF the receiver or Volume Down would change inputs, etc.etc.:rolleyes: I messed with it for over an hour before I gave up.:confused: Oh well, it ain't that big a deal to me. Just happy it controls the TV.

Ed

For an AV receiver, you have to use AUX mode, not TV mode.

For AUX (or VCR) learning, follow the same steps posted by Dan, except press the appropriate mode button, instead of the "TV" button.

They worked via scanning for my 2 Olevias as well.:up I ordered 3 of 'em--I have 2 Olevias and my sister has one. Two showed up yesterday but not the 3rd.I don't know if this would be the correct code for all Olevias but for the 242T & the 247TFHD the code is 578.

Mysteriously, in a 6.0/6.2/6.3, the TV code "578" is for a model of Sony TVs.

So, it seems there is a new set of codes for the 21.0, not just added new codes.

PS There is a list of seven remote codes for Sony AV receivers for 6.0/6.2/6.3 remotes. For those, you need to use AUX and precede the 3 digits with a "2".

For an AV receiver, you have to use AUX mode, not TV mode.

For AUX (or VCR) learning, follow the same steps posted by Dan, except press the appropriate mode button, instead of the "TV" button.

Yep, I aware of that Stu. No workie tho. Thanks anyway!

Ed

Mysteriously, in a 6.0/6.2/6.3, the TV code "578" is for a model of Sony TVs.

So, it seems there is a new set of codes for the 21.0, not just added new codes.

PS There is a list of seven remote codes for Sony AV receivers for 6.0/6.2/6.3 remotes. For those, you need to use AUX and precede the 3 digits with a "2".

Yeah, I tried all those codes to no avail and yes, I DID precede the #'s with a "2" as well. Thanks again for trying to help bud.

Ed

Yes, must be new codes for the 21.0. 578 definitely is the # for my 2 Olevias.

Last edited:
I knew I'd read about it here first. I so much want to use just one remote.

I ordered one this afternoon and, would you believe, the rep tried to dissuade me because they were not sure that it would work on the HD recorders. HUH?? Since when does the 222 have a different command set than the 622/722? I told him for $25.94 I'd take my chances.

With luck it should arrive before Christmas.

I just got dish, and had a problem with my 222 receiver. The tech came out to replace it, and he only had the 222k. He hooked it up and it solved the problem. When he called he found out that they are supposed to replace only with old 222, not 222k, but that was all he had so I lucked out, and got updated receivers, and remotes. :)
I know I will be unavailable if they want to come back and get it.

I ordered my 21.0 from tech support. I told them that my existing remote doesn't work with my television. They are sending me a 21.0 for FREE! we'll see what happens....... supposed to arrive in 4 days.

Yeah, I tried all those codes to no avail and yes, I DID precede the #'s with a "2" as well. Thanks again for trying to help bud.

Ed

Yes, must be new codes for the 21.0. 578 definitely is the # for my 2 Olevias.

Ed - I had the same problem with my Sony receiver and another universal remote.
Click Here and you'll find the solution! Disclaimer - I don't have this new Dish remote, so I haven't confirmed for myself that it will work - but because I believe that it's the same issue, it should. Good luck!

Has anyone tried the new list of codes in the manual with the old 6.3 remotes? I see the ILO Television codes listed, I have one of those units only sold by WalMart. The ILO codes were never ever listed prior for the older remotes. I am going to try when I get home from the office.:)

Ed - I had the same problem with my Sony receiver and another universal remote.
Click Here and you'll find the solution! Disclaimer - I don't have this new Dish remote, so I haven't confirmed for myself that it will work - but because I believe that it's the same issue, it should. Good luck!

Thanks Big Fella! Because of your post I vaguely recalled doing that in the past with another universal control with another Sony AV receiver. I'll give it a try.

Ed

I ordered my 21.0 from tech support. I told them that my existing remote doesn't work with my television. They are sending me a 21.0 for FREE! we'll see what happens....... supposed to arrive in 4 days.

I went the same route (my remote doesn't work with 2 of my TVs), but i was stonewalled by the Tech Support Chat person. $20 + $6 shipping.

Has anyone tried the new list of codes in the manual with the old 6.3 remotes? I see the ILO Television codes listed, I have one of those units only sold by WalMart. The ILO codes were never ever listed prior for the older remotes. I am going to try when I get home from the office.:)

That has already been discussed in the thread.

New 21.0 remote

I too have been stonewalled by DISH on purchasing one. I have called and talked via online chat, neither knew what I was talking about. They also said they did not have anyway to place an order on their computer.

Any suggestions on way for me to get one?

Duane

I too have been stonewalled by DISH on purchasing one. I have called and talked via online chat, neither knew what I was talking about. They also said they did not have anyway to place an order on their computer.

Any suggestions on way for me to get one?

Duane

I wasn't stonewalled on *purchasing*..I was trying to get it free. The guy on the online chat i spoke with knew about it...

Do an online chat, select tech support.....they should know and be able to place your order

For about the last hour any ways, trying to get tech support via online chat, all I get is "The page cannot be found".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)