DISH 222 & Antenna on TV 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

alphac2005

Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Atlanta
I'm reconfiguring our entire setup at home and I'm running into a problem. I'm using a DISH 222 receiver and in the second room, I have a coaxial connection for the aerial and the coaxial for the second line coming from DISH. I've put a splitter for two inputs and one output to the television and when it attempts to scan for the channels it misses channel 72 to pick up the DISH programming. When I put the DISH coaxial in by itself, it picks up channel 72 and I can then view all the channels through DISH on that set. I also see that it's picking up an additional analog signal with the splitter, so it seems obvious that it is seeing the DISH coaxial.

I know this might seem all a bit odd, but what I'm trying to accomplish here is that since I'm only getting SD from the DISH mirror, I'm able to pull in 50 stations locally in HD at least for that set with the aerial connection.

Is it a set issue with it just not reading things right with the coaxial splitter? I can't get the TV to manually override and enter channel 72 to force it to view the DISH channels.

You need to set the TV2 output of the 222 to "air". You are trying to find a "cable" channel when you have your TV looking for over the air channels.

You need to set the TV2 output of the 222 to "air". You are trying to find a "cable" channel when you have your TV looking for over the air channels.

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. I should have specified that I did do the search as air not cable. That's when it was showing that additional analog signal, which I assume is the DISH on 72, but for whatever reason, the TV won't pull the channel no matter how I configure it. I'm assuming that this is more of an issue with the set than anything.

Instead of ch 72 you need to set the modulator on the 222 to AIR and maybe ch 20 or whatever isn't used for OTA broadcasting.

ch 72 is not an 'air' signal. it wont work. air goes up to 69. go into your222 menu settings to modulator (menu 6-1-5) and select air, and just pick a channel number.

right, in the modulator setup (menu 6-1-5) be sure to turn tv 1 off. it is tv2 you are concerned with. rgiht now it sounds like you probably have both tv1 and tv2 on and running through the coax, and you are watching the channel output for tv1 which is just a mirror.

right, in the modulator setup (menu 6-1-5) be sure to turn tv 1 off. it is tv2 you are concerned with. rgiht now it sounds like you probably have both tv1 and tv2 on and running through the coax, and you are watching the channel output for tv1 which is just a mirror.

Everything is working perfectly now and I appreciate all the help. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)