Dish 222 swap

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

light200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Dish tech support wants to swap out my suspect 7 years old 222 with a new one(might be causing my issues). Will I be getting another silver 222, or the 222k? Didn't they stop making the 222?

They usually swap out for identical receivers. So probably a 222. There is still a chance of you receiving the 222k if they're out of 222s.

Chances are slim that a replacement 222 would be new, more likely a refurb. A 222K may be new.

I'd say with pretty good certainty that you'd be getting a 222k... I think the only (slim) chance that you'd get a 222 is if dish mailed it to you directly. The thing with the K receiver is that it doesn't have a built in OTA tuner, you'd have to install one separately, if you even use OTA. If you do, dish has them available, and might send it to you at no cost if you ask nicely...!

It will be a refurbished unit. Dish is not manufacturing new VIP units anymore. I'm not sure there is any guarantee which 222 receiver you will get though.

Yeah, outside of MAYBE the ViP211Z, I can't imagine how long ago they stopped ViP production.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)