Dish 301 to DirectTV dish...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

robgfaulkner

Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
A friend of mine was recently given a DirectTV dish for free. He bought a RV recently, and wants to know if it will work with one of the 3 Dish 301 receivers he has in his home.

His plan is to put the DirectTV satellite dish on a tripod, and cable it into the RV. I realize there probably is only an issue with the LNB on the dish, so this is the information I got from the LNB.

BSS 12.2 - 12.7 Ghz
950-1450 MHz
TCE Stock #232594
214-5100-700

If we were to cable this LNB to his 301, would it work? Would his Dish 301 be able to pick up his normal broadcasting as long as he was able to find the satellite correctly?

Please help, need to get an answer back to him soon.

Thanks

Rob Faulkner

yes it will work. However, it will only pick up one satellite, like 119
119 has most of the core programming. If they have locals, they might be on 110. But with an RV, they can get an RV exemption to give them LA or NY locals, which are on 119

What package do they have (AT60, AT120, etc)? If we had that info, we should be able to help a little more :)

I beleive he has the AT60 package, I will check with Frank and find out for sure this evening.

Thanks for the reply, he's gonna be happy to hear that. Now to just find a good tripod setup for him...

-Rob

AT60 dang near everything is on 119, except for some knock off shopping channels and a few PI channels

If he has locals, due to spotbeams he won't be able to see them. Again, he can get a RV exemption to get NY or LA "big 4" (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX) for network programming

The 301 in the system setup has an option of "peak angle". Go in there, select 119 and Dish300 and put in zip code and it will tell you what the elevation and azimuth are.

He will probably have to clear his switch matrix for it to work properly, especially if he has a DP setup with his 301s. D*'s LNBs are legacy, and will not really be seen with a DP matrix. Usually, just running a check switch will fix it, but sometimes you have to unplug the sat line, run a test, and then plug it in. No swicth check will be needed for 1 sat location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)